“I never wanted to leave.”
Review of Mount Elbert Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Lakes
Mount Elbert Lodge
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wish I could have stayed for ever. I will definitely be back. I can't really find words to explain how magical this place is.The cabin was cozy and included EVERYTHING we needed. The hot tub under the stars was all ours whenever we wanted it. The property is amazing- you don't even have to leave. There are firepits all around (bring firewood) and a river and pond on property. The lakes are SORT OF far in comparison to the other lodges but the seclusion is great, trust me. There is no hint of the main road while you are on property. We got locked out of the Prospector cabin in the middle of the night but Scott took care of us immediately. There are hummingbirds and wildflowers everywhere! We also saw an elk down by the stream on property. Our front porch had an amazing view of the mountains. Everything was PERFECT.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth M
There are newer reviews for Mount Elbert Lodge

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the smallest cabin (Tall Pines) There were 4 of us and the cabin easily slept all of us comfortably. The kitchen was well equipped and there were plenty of extra pillows and blankets for the cool nights. This place is absolute heaven. Loved sitting on the porch watching the hummingbirds and sitting in the hot tub with the mountains as a backdrop. Also, I should add that I know the place was completely sold out but we felt like we had it all to ourselves. VERY quiet and relaxing. The dining recommendations in the cabin literature were a great help also. We had one minor issue in our cabin and Scott came right away to repair it while we were out to dinner.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am 52 years old and I had to climb Mt. Elbert. I researched the area and came across Mt. Elbert Lodge on an internet search. I read the reviews and decided to book a stay. When I arrived, I explained to the owner what my intentions were (climbing the Black Cloud trail to the top of Mt Elbert), and he immediately pulled out map and gave me several pointers and weather conditions for the hike. The hospitality was extremely comforting and the cabin (Prospector) was extremely well kept and clean. Everything one would need for a nice stay. If I stay in the area again, I would definitely stay at this lodge. I will definitely recommend Mt. Elbert lodge to anyone visiting Lake County. Thanks Scott and Laura for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Prospector Cabin for our recent honeymoon. The cabin was clean, comfortable, and rustic. It met all our basic needs. The owners were very friendly and helpful. They answered any questions and provided recommendations for hiking and eating. The location was perfect. In the mountains, quiet, and near a stream. Very close to many activities: Hiking, boating, Independence Pass, White Water Rafting, and much more. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have been coming here for decades. Yes, it is rustic... that is what we love! The serenity, the river singing, the wind in the aspens, the view... no better anywhere! If you want superb rooms, etc, go to Aspen or elsewhere and pay through the nose. There is a mystical peace at this place, and I would not change it for the world. The best place for me and mine!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family has been coming hear for 6 years now during the summer and we love it! There is plenty of things to do if its hiking, taking day trips or playing by the water. The views are enough of a reason to visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was on a motorcycle trip out of Denver and needed a place to stay before crossing Independence Pass the next morning. Thankfully I found Mt. Elbert Lodge. The grounds were very picturesque and kept in a state to mirror the beauty of the surrounding area. Unlike the majority of B&Bs I have stayed in, Mt. Elbert was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding and Scott was friendly and helpful. It is located about ten minutes from town which makes it more quaint. They have a kitchen you can use to cook in or you can go to town and eat at the inn. Food there was great and Andrew took care of us.

Cost with tax was $115 which I though was a great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 8 in Leadville

Been to Mount Elbert Lodge? Share your experiences!