“Best B&B I have ever stayed in”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Lakes
Ores and Mine Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Twin Lakes B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The host of this Bed and Breakfast make you feel right at home.
This was the best experiance I have ever had with a B&B.
The house was immaculant, the view was phenominal and the overall comfort and sense of relaxtion, I have never experianced anywhere else.

I even proposed ot my wife there; well down by lake while staying at this B&B.

If I could live there, I would!
We will defintiely be back.
r/Brandon

Room Tip: Any of the 5 rooms are perfect. If I could live there, I would!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family and I went to Colorado for a vacation, and we stayed at this B and B. It was wonderful! By far, one of the best experiences of my life. This couple named Donna and John own it, and they are some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet! I mean they really treated us like part of the family, they gave all sorts of information about the area and its history, they helped pick spots to go visit, they made sure the rooms were clean and stocked and asked us if they could get us anything, and they make great meals. They are just so warm, and inviting, and real! They told us stories and jokes, and just make you feel at home, which is exactly what you want when you are at a B and B. They also, give you space and time to relax and just hang out, whatever you like. You can just feel this kind of peace and tranquility when you are there. The view out of the room was incredible! I couldn't believe what they have for a backyard, beautiful, big, snow-covered mountains(We went in April), and a huge lake that looks so majestic and serene. This is a beautiful and delightful place to relax and renew. The rooms are so neat, decorated beautifully and are VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, they have great beds and even have heating pads under the covers so you don't freeze your patootie off. :) There is a dining/rec room with lots of family and historical memorabilia, with a pool table and other games, and my favorite part of that room are the tables, which have old news clippings and photos under glass tops so you can get a real sense of what it is like to live in CO. If you are planning a trip to Colorado and want to see the mountains, this is THE PLACE you should go to. John and Donna work very hard to make sure that their guests come first and take a lot of pride in their work and beautiful house and family, and it shows. This is the place to stay, it really is, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an adventure or relaxation and a change of pace with a side of hospitality. Thank you John and Donna for a wonderful time, we will be back to see you again soon! GOD Bless you.

Elisa Moriconi Prairie Village, KS

Room Tip: The Matchless! Beautiful view, excellent bed, pretty bathroom and on the main floor. I would give th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ores and Mine is uniquely wonderful place, situated in the shadows of the nations highest peaks and overlooking Colorado's largest glacial lakes -- truly God's country. The rooms are cozy, rustic, and very well appointed with high quality bed linens and towels. You feel as comfortable as you are in your are in your own mountain home. Donna's breakfasts are delicious, the table is pleasantly set and the service and conversation very special. The common areas are equally impressive and the property is very nice. Filled with wonderful details tidbits of high country history and niblets of Baby Doe Taylor and the history of early americana. I was able to go out and day hike and explore the area. I will definitely be staying here during my return visits to Leadville. Ore's and Mine is welcomed relief from all things urban and hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gareth5280
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I will be coming to Colorado again this year since my son lives in the Denver area and a must on our list is staying at Ores and Mine Bed and Breakfast.. This will be our third year and we have not been disappointed. John and Donna make you feel like family from the time they open the door to greet you.

Each room at the inn is unique and each has its own story. The beds are comfortable and nothing beats getting a good night’s rest in the mountains. And then you get to wake up and have a fantastic breakfast.

A fun thing to do is to read some of the pamphlets and magazines scattered throughout the inn that will give you are good insight as to the history and happenings in the area. And if you want more local info and good stories just ask John and Donna.

The gathering area is huge with a bar, pool table, and juke box. But why would you want to stay inside when you can sit on the deck and enjoy a view of the lake and the mountains. If climbing is your thing Mt. Elbert is close by as are many other 14ers. Just ask John and Donna for some tips if you are not sure of what to do. This is a perfect location for all outdoor activities be it hiking, biking, rafting, or climbing. Or if you want to just sight see take a drive in the mountains or visit Aspen, Leadville, or Buena Vista.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. John and Donna will help you pick one if you are not sure.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We got Married atTwin Lakes In 2011 and stayed there. We just returned a 2nd time for my sister and her husbands' ann. in 2013 and will return as often as possible !
John and Donna treated and called us family . And we truly fealt at home in their cozy and rustic B&B . The rms. are all very comfortable . All around the inside and outside have stories to tell , and John and Donna can tell many fasinating stories about the building and Leadville .
And What A View !!!!!! We will return as often as we can ......
Troy and Denise Green

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I usually go to the Caribbean for our anniversaries, (we got married on St. Lucia in 2007). Sunny, beautiful beaches, 80-85 degrees. Wonderful place to be this time of year. We found out my husband has a heart problem. So due to medical and financial reasons, we chose to go some where else. The place we picked was Ores and Mine B&B in Twin Lakes, Co. We had a very relaxing and wonderful time there. Donna & John are the best. They make everyone feel like family. My sister & brother-in-law got married there in June of 2011. So they came & spent a couple of days there with us. We stayed 5-2-13 thru 5-4-13. Highly recommend ORES & MINE B&B.

Room Tip: upstairs looking out at the lake. has windows that you can look out and see the stars in the middle...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishes3690
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in April 2013. It was without a doubt the best B&B we have ever been to. Donna and John (owners) and their very well behaved dog welcomed us into their family from the minute we walked in. The next surprise was how huge the inn is on the inside! And then we learned most of it was bult by John himself! Not only is the inn itself beautiful but waking up to the panoramic mountain and lake view was both breathtaking and relaxing. Our room was incredibly comfortable and our breakfast every morning was HUGE...no small continental here. Donna and John are also incredibly knowledgable about the area towns. They are also very warm people and unpretentious. The history is fascinating. This was without a doubt one of our best vacations. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: The Matchless is wonderful for both views and convenience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Columbine Inn & Suites
Columbine Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Leadville

Been to Ores and Mine Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!