All reviewsindoor poolhot tubpool tableeggsbiscuits and gravymexican restaurantstaff was very friendly and helpfulrooms are cleancolorado springscomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againsnow stormfront desk clerkeasy accessnew mexicooff the highwayfrom texas
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This hotel is in a good location for a night's rest. The lobby is eye catching and verges on being a roadside attraction. The breakfast is standard and satisfactory. Pets were welcome and the ice machine was convenient.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I travel for work, and this was the second most expensive hotel room of a 6 week trip, yet one of the most trashed and smelly stays of the trip. When you walk in, the lobby and view are very nice. And it was very funny when the desk clerk asked if I wanted to upgrade my smoking room to a 420 friendly room for a $25 fee. The reason this cracked me up was I had momentarily forgotten I'd crossed over into Colorado, and couldn't fathom why the hotel clerk was asking me about marijuana.

It stopped being funny when I got to my room. Good grief, I have nothing against 420 friendly, knock yourself out, but the smell of the room was intensely bad. It just reeked of marijuana. Clear down the hallway. The hallway reeked nearly as much as my room. And it couldn't be mitigated, because all windows are non-opening -they've been permanently screwed closed. However, the window in my room was actually broken, and because it was, I was able to wedge a small space open, not enough to really help though. There were spills on the walls of the room, food crumbs on the beds and floor, and the carpet was literally filthy. It turned my socks black.

The exterior security door just down the hall from my room, that is supposed to offer security with key card entrance only, was held open with a tied garbage bag the entire time I was there. All night long. Some floor fans were running next to the tied-open door -perhaps in an attempt to air out that rank hallway, I don't know.

There was exactly one soda machine in the entire huge hotel which held only two types of soda, Coke or Dr Pepper, the rest of the machine was just empty rows.

In the morning when I was carrying my luggage down to my car, I discovered the dumpster just outside that open security door in the parking lot had been rifled through in the night. There was garbage strewn everywhere. You literally had to walk through garbage to get to your car in that section of the parking lot.

If this had been a cheap motel, I would expect some of these things, but this was a pricey overnight and not in any way worth the money spent.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Met family here, we had a week to connect, enjoyed each other's company and now have new memories for our scrapbook. Food for breakfast - had a great variety to choose from, all fresh and hot. The porch in back offers the best view, a place to see the sunsets over the mountains. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Very clean room, slept very well on comfortable beds. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool have both front and back door access.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
sofiag33673, General Manager at Quality Inn Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are very glad to hear we were of good service to you and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we we were wowed by the huge lobby and magnificent views. No issue that we arrived 1 hr. before official check in. Room large and clean. Large bathroom with all necessary amenities. Comfy bed and pillows.
Woke up to a rainy morning and staff allowed us to stay pass check out so we didn't have leave on our Harley in the pouring rain.
Only disappointment was the website and trip advisor advertise that there was a bar and restaurant. Not so, had to settle for a six pack in room with my microwave dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017

It was fun traveling and hiking in the hills around Aguilar Beautiful old structures dart the area. I took some beautiful photos in the evening from the Trinidad sign, an experience i will never forget.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are near the pool and the pation
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family