New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
North Texas
“Was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was okay. Nothing special. The room was clean the air worked good. The lobby area needs some updating and the stairwells need some updating. You feel like you are in the emergency stairs not the everyday route to your room. Was not a place I felt comfortable walking around much by myself.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine here. Clean and quiet. Pool was very nice and large and we enjoyed the hot tub as well. Breakfast was okay. Eggs were soggy but other than that it was good. Beds were very comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
Minot, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Front desk staff, was polite and that helps a lot on late evening checkins, but sitting on her cell phone doesn't look very professional.
This hotel is aged and is in need of some fine tuning, painting, general cleaning and plain spritzing up.
The in house bar needs some serious work on there glasses, I only say that because if they want the price at the top like the new boys then they need to be presentable to the guests.
The pic will show what I mean.
Power flashed and killed the connection so I had to re-write this, Grrrrrr.

Room Tip: Ask for 4-6 keys as they cant get 2 to work at the same time. Yes a tad sarcastic but after the 3rd...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here last week on my way up to Denver. They have a very friendly staff at the front desk and excellent room service.Nice view of the mountains from my room. Indoor pool and jacuzzi was a great perk too.

• Stayed May 2014
Los Lunas, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We were stranded in Trinidad due to a blown tire 20 miles north of Trinidad. I first went to La Quinta since my van was stuck at Wal-Mart since nothing is open on Sunday (or at least past 5 PM) in Trinidad. They wanted $89 plus tax. The lady suggested I go to Quality for a better price. Not only was I provided a happy and welcoming smile from the lady at the front counter (Jessica P.), she compassionately listened to my plight, asked if I had any potential discounts (I'm a teacher), and even provided us a room near the pool so my daughters could have easy access to their favorite part of the hotel. Jessica made our unexpected stay a very rewarding one. The breakfast was good and filled my family. The views were spectacular. The pool was actually clearer and less crowded than the pool we spent 2 days in during the weekend. I could tell the staff was very kind, courteous, and truly tried to keep the grounds up as best as possible given their abilities. There is dirt built up on the windows high above the pool. There is a broken basketball court out behind the hotel, but I can easily overlook those things when I see the maid staff sanitize the tile floors during cleaning, the breakfast lady ask if we are done before clearing out the buffet area, and the pool maintenance man cleaning the pool at 8:45 AM. The staff was even replacing a dead plant in a planter out front. You can tell the owners truly care about the guest experience. If I had a choice of the places to stay in Trinidad, I would gladly and quickly choose Quality Inn. They seem to care about people. My accidental incident turned into one of pleasant surprise! Keep up the great work! Kudos to Jessica!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave L
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The property is older, but clean. The bed was ok and the furnishings are of average condition. They have an indoor salt water pool right in the lobby. Breakfast had more cereal selections than other Choice brands.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My speech team of 20 students and coaches really enjoyed our stay. The beds were comfortable and the morning food was great. They had all of the keys ready to go when we checked in late at night and check out was very easy. The staff made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 19 in Raton
3.5 of 5 stars 92 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Trinidad? Share your experiences!