“Not Overly Impressed, will use again if needed.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Trinidad

Quality Inn Trinidad
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Minot, North Dakota
“Not Overly Impressed, will use again if needed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Front desk staff, was polite and that helps a lot on late evening checkins, but sitting on her cell phone doesn't look very professional.
This hotel is aged and is in need of some fine tuning, painting, general cleaning and plain spritzing up.
The in house bar needs some serious work on there glasses, I only say that because if they want the price at the top like the new boys then they need to be presentable to the guests.
The pic will show what I mean.
Power flashed and killed the connection so I had to re-write this, Grrrrrr.

Room Tip: Ask for 4-6 keys as they cant get 2 to work at the same time. Yes a tad sarcastic but after the 3rd...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here last week on my way up to Denver. They have a very friendly staff at the front desk and excellent room service.Nice view of the mountains from my room. Indoor pool and jacuzzi was a great perk too.

• Stayed May 2014
Los Lunas, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We were stranded in Trinidad due to a blown tire 20 miles north of Trinidad. I first went to La Quinta since my van was stuck at Wal-Mart since nothing is open on Sunday (or at least past 5 PM) in Trinidad. They wanted $89 plus tax. The lady suggested I go to Quality for a better price. Not only was I provided a happy and welcoming smile from the lady at the front counter (Jessica P.), she compassionately listened to my plight, asked if I had any potential discounts (I'm a teacher), and even provided us a room near the pool so my daughters could have easy access to their favorite part of the hotel. Jessica made our unexpected stay a very rewarding one. The breakfast was good and filled my family. The views were spectacular. The pool was actually clearer and less crowded than the pool we spent 2 days in during the weekend. I could tell the staff was very kind, courteous, and truly tried to keep the grounds up as best as possible given their abilities. There is dirt built up on the windows high above the pool. There is a broken basketball court out behind the hotel, but I can easily overlook those things when I see the maid staff sanitize the tile floors during cleaning, the breakfast lady ask if we are done before clearing out the buffet area, and the pool maintenance man cleaning the pool at 8:45 AM. The staff was even replacing a dead plant in a planter out front. You can tell the owners truly care about the guest experience. If I had a choice of the places to stay in Trinidad, I would gladly and quickly choose Quality Inn. They seem to care about people. My accidental incident turned into one of pleasant surprise! Keep up the great work! Kudos to Jessica!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave L
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The property is older, but clean. The bed was ok and the furnishings are of average condition. They have an indoor salt water pool right in the lobby. Breakfast had more cereal selections than other Choice brands.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My speech team of 20 students and coaches really enjoyed our stay. The beds were comfortable and the morning food was great. They had all of the keys ready to go when we checked in late at night and check out was very easy. The staff made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hastings, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Thank you for your incredible hospitality! We drove for hours before we finally stopped and we were so pleased with this hotel that we didn't expect much from. I've traveled across the country with students on multiple occasions so I know a thing or two about hotels and cleanliness. The Quality Inn in Trinidad was one of the best experiences we all had at a hotel. It was small, quaint, but surrounded by beautiful mountains and featured workers who were willing to help out in anyway they could. One worker even ran out a finished breakfast item to one of our grateful students. I highly recommend this particular hotel especially if you are with a big group. Thanks again for everything and continue to keep up the good work. People notice the little things.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Overall I had a very positive experience at Quality Inn. It is a typical Choice Hotel but what made the difference was the service. The manager at the Inn was very helpful, even giving a ride to my girlfriend to the bus stop (snowing and I was on a motorcycle!), and then matching our Expedia rate. I would recommend this hotel to someone who is looking for a cheap nights stay will good service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 19 in Raton
3.0 of 5 stars 91 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Trinidad? Share your experiences!