“Do not stay here.”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Oklahoma
“Do not stay here.”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very poor experience overall. When we asked for assistance fromt the desk staff, they were not friendly and not helpful. The air conditioner did not work in the room. The desk staff did nothing about it. The hotel is older and needs updating.

One good thing I can say about our stay is that the gentlemen taking care of the complimentary breakfast area was very cordial and attentive.

5 Thank jhise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

After driving 10+ hours we decided to stop in lovely Trinidad for the night. The kids wanted a pool to swim in so we chose this 'Quality' Inn. For the outrageous price, we figured we'd atleast have nice rooms. Room 108 was one of the rooms we were assigned. The A/C didn't work. We called the front office immediately. They said they'd send someone up. No one ever came. Finally we asked the front desk for a fan. They said they'd send one right up. Never did. Maintenance later admitted they don't even have one. The room was so unbearably hot, no one got any sleep. Finally around 2:00 AM I went to the front desk for the 5th or 6th time and finally the guy said he'd try and reset the breaker. He did and the A/C came on, for about 15 minutes, then went back off. I spent the rest of the night going down the hall to the breaker panel and resetting it myself so my kids could at least get an hour or two of sleep. It was horrible. Since the A/C wasn't working, the urine odor in the room was practically unbearable. We all felt sick by the time we left. We spoke to the manager, N. Patel, who refused to comp the room they should never have rented in the first place, even after admitting she knew the A/C didn't work and she totally agreed the room should never have been rented in it's condtion. She basically said 'that's the way it goes' and the proceeded to insult us. I was so angry I just slid the 'key' across her desk while informing her I'd be in touch with her boss, and would be posting a review here and on other websites. She said she didn't care about reviews (obviously) and then threatened to call the police on me for 'throwing' the key card at her. (had I thrown it, she'd have had to remove it from in between her eyes) We were all so tired, and so irritated/aggrivated it wouldn't have taken much more of her nonsense to send us over the edge. Horrible horrible waste of money. Would have slept better outside (and thought about it) but they leave their dumpster open for the local bears to get into, so even that wasn't an option. Horrible place. I wish Animal Control would close them down for endangering the wild life the way that they do. Or the health dept. for all their obvious code violations (the A/C system over the pool leaks into the pool, the pool gates don't close/latch, the outside doors that say 'locked after 10:00 PM' don't even lock, etc. etc.) I contacted 'Choice' hotels and didn't even get a response. I won't ever stay at another 'Choice' hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
5 Thank LostOnLandAgain

Travelers are raving about these Trinidad hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Worst Hotel!

1) Had a live band for a high school reunion until 12:00am. Could hear the band through the door of our room. Good thing we did not have a baby.

2) A/C not working in room

3) Refrigerator not pluged in.

4) Bathroom very dirty and nightstand sticky

5) Had to park on other side of parking lot due to high school reunion.

Staff and owner could care less and wanted to charge full rate!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bigswing3057
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were driving a truck pulling a trailer. We hit rush hour in Denver and the worst snow storm of the season at the same time. What should have been a 3 hour drive was 7. By the time we got to Trinidad, we were exhausted and couldn't drive any longer. Next time we'll sleep in the car rather than stay at this hotel. It was so cold in the room, at 2:00am we finally called for blankets. They did respond quickly with those. Breakfast in the morning is a joke. For the "free continental breakfast" we had our choice of 3 items. They do not have a buffet like most hotels in this chain. I chose hard boiled egg, oatmeal and a bagel. The egg was good. The oatmeal was instant and was overcooked. The bagel was a plain, untoasted mini-bagel. I couldn't eat it because it was so dry. My husband asked if they had Raisin Bran. The "waiter" said yes. He brought him Cheerios. I wrote a letter to their corporate office to let them know that this hotel did not meet their standards. They replied and said the hotel would contact me. I've heard nothing. No surprise there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank barlauco
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here enroute form Houston to Denver. The rooms were clean, AC worked well, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was what one has come to expect of free continental breakfasts at hotels. The upsides were the indoor pool and hot tub that did NOT reek of chlorine (nice) and a little bar with pool tables next to the lobby. The downside? No room darkening shades, just shears. The sun shows up here in the summer about 6:00 AM, so ask for a westward facing room if you have any intention of sleeping in.

2 Thank SaltwaterTom
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I would rather sleep in my car or drive to the next town over , rooms are dirty pee stains on the toilet dirty carpet hallways stink very out dated and the indian owners give you a shady look like if you're staying in their home , this would be my last resort in town I will never come back...

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank vanpirate
Reviewed July 8, 2011

It is still ugly. Despite clean towels, beds, and pool this place was a dump. We had pealing wallpaper from water damage, the rooms smelled of mold, and I would not let my kids take a bath in the tub. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and they had very poorly painted over the damaged grout in the shower. After a long day of driving with two small kids... this was not a welcome surprise. All the other places in town were full, we checked... otherwise would have changed immediately. Stay somewhere else or keep driving!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank wanderingwdrs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 10 in Trinidad
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Days Inn & Suites Trinidad

Been to Quality Inn Trinidad? Share your experiences!