“Trinidad is a Gem in the Rough”
Review of Trail's End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Trail's End Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The whole town is amazing. We stopped for lunch on our way to NM and decided to change our plans so we could stay here on our way back north. We stayed at Trail's End. It's a great value in walking distance of town - which you should do. This website: http://www.folsomvillage.com/ResourceMaterial/TheHistoricBuildingsOfCentralTrinidad/index.html offers history of the town's buildings and photos of buildings from early 1900 and update from 1970s. Back to the motel - it's value prices and relatively clean. Very comfortable. Nice deck to sit on in better weather. Grills available. It would be good for families.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MN262Runner

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Particularly since I was traveling solo, the room was fine size, but I could see for more then that, pretty tight. If you want basic and reasonable, it's fine and I'd still prefer this over chains that offer "amenities" and charge it too. Host did have to come and plug in the fridge. To me, those things should be set up and ready to roll. It was clean. I liked all the wood in their lobby. I was a bit cautious traveling here alone. A great thrift store across the street.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Angell66
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were driving from Durango to Dodge City and went via Trinidad. What an interesting town. We wished we could have spent more time there. Trails End Motel was cheap, the room was clean as was the bathroom but the room was quite small and there were no coffee making facilities which we have had in most other motels we have stayed in. For one night it is a good option. There is a great diner about 50 yards from the motel which served great cheap food. It is a nice walk from the motel into the main part of town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MST52
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The owners Jim and Renee were excellent to work with. I housed my crew for some fieldwork and this place was perfect. The rooms are updated, contain fridges, and we each had a queen sized bed to sleep in. They also have a grill, so we were able to save a lot of money by cooking our own dinner instead of going out every night. They were very accommodating and are just good people. The location was perfect, because it is within walking distance to the downtown restaurants, shops, and museums. The rooms were clean and perfect for what we needed. Anytime I need to do work in Trinidad, I'll stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ArchaeologistChris
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this family-owned and reasonably priced hotel over somewhere like the Holiday Inn, where they charge more but offer little more than name recognition. Okay, and the rooms are nicer and bigger at a chain hotel, but if you're staying for just a night, this place is fine. It's right down the street from Rino's Italian restaurant, another decent place to visit in Trinidad. I would certainly not stay at the Trails End if you're traveling alone; the area is pretty sketchy and I'm not sure what kind of security there is. For an inexpensive, clean, and very comfortable night's sleep, though, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mvctulsa
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way north and found the price very affordable. The room was small, but clean, and looks as though it's been recently renovated. There were several drawbacks, however. The gal working the ofc didn't know the wifi key and it took about 20 min. for her to figure it out. There are lots of electrical cords plugged into just a few outlets and I'm glad we didn't have small children with us because it would have been easy to trip over them. Also, the motel ofc doesn't open until 10am and that's where the ice machine is located. It is conveniently located to Main St.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in room One with my family nice big room with a deck for my family to enjoy. The flowers and birds were a plus..I will always stay in this CLEAN ROOM...very nice. The lady that helped me Marlene was a nice women. Good staff.. after all its family .

Room Tip: ask for room 1 or 14 nice rooms.