Trail's End Motel
$93
$99
Rodeway Inn(Trinidad)
$77
Tower 64 Motel & RV Park(Trinidad)(Great Value!)
$70
$100
  • Fitness center
$90
Raton Pass Inn(Raton)(Great Value!)
$75
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2012

we stayed there for a week in 2 different rooms. first room was really bad not worth the price of 65 a night. the wait for hot water was 10 minutes, and considering los animas county was in a drought really bad news. the room was undergoing "renovations" and nothing was working including the air conditioner which was unplugged and there was no plug the cord would reach to. everything in the room was on extension cords, very dangerous. was finally moved into the "best room" newly renovated, same thing, extension cords everywhere. could not park in front of room because of nonworking truck parked in that space. the kicker was the last day while packing noticed items missing from luggage. was told by renee that money value of items would be returned and staff member was fired over this. RIGHT! no money back, and family member saw same "fired" employee still working there. so good news nice comfortable beds, bad news, traffic noises, no hot water, no parking spaces, overcharged for rooms, ripped off by staff, oh and renee and jim have been trying to sell motel for several years with no buyers? wonder why.

Room Tip: go to the chain motels for a better experience. for same per night price you get a pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jday68
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I were traveling south from Denver on a Saturday night and needed a place to stay. We looked at options and found that the Trail's End Motel in Trinidad was well rated on here. We called and found that they did have an open room and more importantly were open until 10pm. We got there about 9:45pm and the office was lit up. The place is owned by a couple and the wife was at the office. We were assigned room 7 and off we went. The room was pretty small but clean and well appointed for a sub-$60 room, including dorm fridge, microwave, tv and a/c unit. The queen bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean and nice, but small.

We slept great and in the morning met the husband. Like his wife, he was very nice and told us a bit about the place. We found out that they are very proud of the motel and that is what makes this little place such a find.

We will definitely be staying there next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: If you want a larger room, ask if they have a "large single" available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisInTheDesert
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Recently enjoyed a 3 week stay at Trails End Motel during some training I attended in Trinidad.
(June 17th thru July 7th 2012).

I was amazed at the atmosphere of the motel... i.e., hospitable, polite, accomodating in every aspect... exceeded my expectations.

Room was clean and housekeeping was top notch, not to mention the beautiful and charismatic young lady who brightened my stay with her gorgerous smile, magnetic personality and genuine courtesy, which cheerfully supplemented an otherwise traditional room cleaning.

Jim & Rene showed a sincere desire to make my stay both pleasant and enjoyable ... even delivered coffee filters & coffee cup to my door after I returned from a weekend and left mine at home. If you are a coffee drinker you will appreciate that effort!!

Room was comfortable and quiet and the rate was more than reasonable. I had a small refrigerator, microwave and a clean coffee maker to offset the normally dreaded traveler diet, cable TV with crisp clear reception and a shower was awesome with ample water pressure and sizzlin' hot temperatures.

I highly recommend this motel and its staff based on my 3 week experience, and do so primarily based on the people and personality of the motel. It was a 'GOOD' experience.

- Dave -

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank aConsultant
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had the best stay ever, coming from Lakewood CO to see my nephew graduate. We had room #18. Clean, cozy and comfy! The owner's were very nice and generous! We appreciate the kindness we received!!! Thank you so much Renee, Jim, and Robs for making us feel welcome! Robyn, Matt & kids!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We took a chance on this hotel for a four nights stay and are glad we did. Owners Renee and Jim were most accomodating and made us feel welcome in every respect.

We chose room #1 and it came with a small deck, lots of chairs for late night people watching and we couldn't be more pleased. We were there with another couple and all agreed that we'd be back some day to repeat our expereince.

There's some highway noise if you're a light sleeper and my advice would be to move farther back from the street but I had no trouble at all getting a great night's rest.

I read the other reviews for this hotel and just feel some folks are too used to the luxury of new hotels and ought to realize with their first glance that the Trail's End is just as much a part of history as anything else in this charming, out of the way town. My advice? Stay home if you're afraid of experineceing something new.

Give this place your first choice, and check out Room #1 if it's available. It's a winner and so is Trail's End. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Run, don't walk to register for room # 1!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple