“family reunion”
Review of Purgatoire on Elm - CLOSED

Purgatoire on Elm
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purgatoire on Elm is Open for Dinner - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 9:00pm.Happy Hour - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 7:00pm.Saturday Night entertainment: Karaoke, Bands, Dance Parties.We have over 2-1/2 acres for parking. Plenty of room for you RV'ers. Our outdoor patio is one of a kind in Trinidad. We actually have one with some size to it.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a family reunion in Trinidad, and chose Pergatoire on Elm as one of our meals. Rick, the owner was great, our numbers grew over and above what we reserved for, but they took very good care of us and service was great! BBQ was pretty tasty and overall it was a good meal. My only suggestion would be, "if you're serving a great BBQ, step up and away from the canned green beans and frozen garlic bread. A fresh seasonal vegetable and/ or fruit blend with a crusty, fresh baked, dinner roll would put you over the top"! Thanks for the great evening, I would recommend this restaurant for any event!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I cannot for the life of me figure out the positive reviews of this restaurant. I ordered the Rib Eye rare ... and what I got was a 3/8" piece of well done rubber. As other reviewers have pointed out, the green beans were straight out of the can, and the price was very high for such poor quality. The only redeeming quality was that the service was good. But, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

2  Thank Bobolink999
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here. Restaurant is a former train depot one block north of Main Street.

We had the flour and corn chips with queso and salsa. The chips were served hot and fresh. Good appetizer.

At the suggestion of the server I had the portobello ravioli which is served on fettucine with Alfredo sauce, salad and garlic bread. The salad and the ravioli was good.

My sweetie ordered the herb crusted porkchop. It was quite tough and was served with canned spinach...YUCK! The spinach was straight from the can and did not have any seasoning added.

Our server was okay, but when my sweetie complained about his pork chop she was flustered.

I do have to note that tables around us had ordered BBQ. Their plates were cleaned up with the exception of the spinach.

The restaurant had an extensive menu, so we will probably try it again and not order the spinach.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ate at the Purgatoire on Elm while staying in Trinidad on our way to Littleton, CO. The food was great, the staff was friendly, and we have always liked the atmosphere of the building. We used to stop there when it was a brewery and were glad to see a new restaurant of this quality in the location. The Purgatoire on Elm has a varied menu from sandwiches to steaks. We will eat there again and would recommend it to friends.

1  Thank jdb_squared
Rick C, Owner at Purgatoire on Elm, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

"We will eat here again and would recommend it to friends." Now that's music to our ears. Thanks so much for stopping and sharing this review.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great little hole in the wall that I wouldn't have found without Tripadvisor. Great bar selection, reasonably priced food and excellent service. I had the New York Strip with, sweet potato fries, salad and green peas. The steak fries and salad were excellent however the green peas were a bit mushy but I'm not a huge green pea fan anyways. Wife and I had an excellent meal with for under $45 including tax. Good value for the money and a great Americana experience in a quaint little town!

"Hidden Gem" - "Hole in the Wall" great way to describe our restaurant. It is hard not being on the Main Street of our little town. Thanks so much for taking the additional few minutes to locate us. We are so glad you enjoyed all aspects of Purgatoire on Elm. Hope to see you again soon.