“Drivering by town and had to have lunch”
Review of What A Grind

What A Grind
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Trinidad
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are a full service restaurant with a unique quality of having a full service espresso bar, as well as a full bar. We proudly serve a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. Our coffees are always fresh and we are proud to feature Spanish Peaks Coffee Company out of Colorado Springs.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ask the wife to trip advisor lunch for a sandwich and the 'What a Grind" pop up. Awesome stop for a local lunch to go. My wife had a turkey sandwich and I ordered a buffalo burger. It was a great get to go lunch.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast with some friends. Service started slow but friendly, as is the custom of the town, until it came time to order.

One friend is Vegan and was trying to order a veggie burger. She was informed that the kitchen wasn't prepared to make lunch for another half an hour. They had a breakfast panini and she asked to have a panini with just vegetables and again was told the chef wouldn't make any substitutions on the menu until lunch began. The question was posed if there was any vegan items on the breakfast menu and was quickly told there wasn't (despite oatmeal being on the menu). No offer for a fruit bowl or any sort of compromise.

The breakfast sandwhich were order to go so we could find our friend a meal but they came out dine in. The sandwhiches were decent. The Cruizin Croissant Sandwhich was pressed with a panini press, the breakfast panini was ordered on Rye and not pressed.

Coffee options were nice and brewed well. The pastry selection is decent. They were offering flavored ice teas which were very sweet but good.

A lack of hospitality usually found in small town local restaurants was a big surprise as it is often found throughout the rest of the town.

If you are stopping by for a cup of coffee and a pastry it's fine but remember vservice is slower than you might expect.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The coffee drinks are wonderful & food is tasty. Coffee doesn't have that Starbucks yucky burnt taste.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I needed to meet up with a collegue who was passing thru Trinidad as I was. I set up shop on a table and took care of business on my laptop while I waited. The staff was most accomodiating and made me feel right at home. Stop in at What-a-Grind and you'll be like me, looking for a reason to spend the night in this quaint mountain escape. oh yeah, the coffee was fantastic!

1  Thank downtexasway
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Glad we found such a great coffee shop. We got away from out usual Starbucks to find this competitively priced shop with BETTEE selections than the chain.

Been to What A Grind? Share your experiences!