“Best Pizza in a While” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bella Luna Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Trinidad
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We found the restaurant on yelp and decided to give it a try after we had had a long day of driving/sightseeing and we were not dressed for anything that couldn't accept road weary types. (i.e. slightly sunburned, hair covered with a hat, etc). So for our dinner we ate at the Bella Luna Pizzeria. They have a fantastic wood fired pizza oven and their pizza is delicious - reminds us of the ones we got in Italy. They have a good wine selection and some microbrew beer selections were available. The owners, Sandy and Jeff, are very friendly and really welcoming. Their pride in their place shows in the restoration work they did on this historic building. They have a unigue mix of pizzas that are their own creations but I have to say, judging by the pizza we had that included "pesto" as one of the toppings, we were happily surprised that the pesto did not overpower the other flavors. They also offer a daily special for dinner (when we were there). They also offer gelato which I believe is a secret too good not to be shared. We were content after splitting a 12" pizza and some mozzarella bread sticks and slept well that night. We'll be back.
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Best Pizza in a While”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great pizza in a beautiful downtown historic building. Wood fired oven pizza and good Malbec made for as great evening.

• Visited June 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Awesome pizza as usual. We often stop here when traveling and have never been disappointed in the food. The service can be uneven, but was good this time. Will stop by again next time we are in Trinidad.

• Visited July 2013
Amarillo, TX
“Great pizza, great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

They had a nice selection of toppings for vegetarians, they were fast and it was delicious! They also had some good beers on tap. The employees were very friendly. We will be back next time we are in Trinidad!

Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Fabulous salad, really good pizza, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was road-weary and hungry when I walked into this place one evening last week. It was a lucky find. I had a fabulous salad - the Mean Mika with citrus dressing - and a really good personal-sized pizza. (I didn't see that size on the menu but the helpful wait staff told me about it.) I'd stopped in Trinidad overnight while on a road trip, but now I want to go back there for a visit. When I do, I'm definitely going to dine at the Bella Luna again, probably more than once. It was that good.

• Visited June 2013
Trinidad, Colorado
“love of pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have only eaten there a few times, but I love the pizza, the atmosphere and the staff. I recommend this restaurant for pizza all of the time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Bella Luna Pizzeria? Share your experiences!