“love of pizza”

Bella Luna Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Trinidad
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We found the restaurant on yelp and decided to give it a try after we had had a long day of driving/sightseeing and we were not dressed for anything that couldn't accept road weary types. (i.e. slightly sunburned, hair covered with a hat, etc). So for our dinner we ate at the Bella Luna Pizzeria. They have a fantastic wood fired pizza oven and their pizza is delicious - reminds us of the ones we got in Italy. They have a good wine selection and some microbrew beer selections were available. The owners, Sandy and Jeff, are very friendly and really welcoming. Their pride in their place shows in the restoration work they did on this historic building. They have a unigue mix of pizzas that are their own creations but I have to say, judging by the pizza we had that included "pesto" as one of the toppings, we were happily surprised that the pesto did not overpower the other flavors. They also offer a daily special for dinner (when we were there). They also offer gelato which I believe is a secret too good not to be shared. We were content after splitting a 12" pizza and some mozzarella bread sticks and slept well that night. We'll be back.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have only eaten there a few times, but I love the pizza, the atmosphere and the staff. I recommend this restaurant for pizza all of the time.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Friendly staff and great food! The next time I'm in Colorado I will definitely sure I stop in for a world class pizza!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Another great meal at Bella Luna. I keep going back for the mean mika salad with citrus dressing. the large with chicken is simply amazing. Sometimes I just order two salads so I can have one at home later. but you have to try the pizza. wood fired pizza is the best, especially on the cold spring day. they usually only have one waitress so it can sometimes take a while but it is oh so good. don't go on a friday night and not expect to wait. and not too many places in town have a wait list. be back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Don't miss out on this hidden treasure in Trinidad. The very best pizza around. Cooked in an open oven. Always done to perfection. Great salads and special daily dishes as well. Thank you Bella Luna.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I were passing thru Trinidad and saw this place and decided to go in. It was just pass lunch hour so kind of busy but only one waittress. She seated us and brought drinks. Then , later, came and took our order; we orderd a small meat pizza WITH ANCHOVIES ON THE SIDE, NOT ON THE PIZZA.

While I had stepped out of the place she brought the pizza to my wife: the edges were burned, the pizza was very warm BUT not hot AND they had put the anchovies on the pizza, not on the side like I requested-- waitress fault or cook?
When my wife pointed out to her this problem she told my wife to pick the anchovies off or she could have them make another pizza but it would take some time. She was not very contrite to say the least. It also took a long time, after we had tried to finish as much of the pizza as we could, to bring the check. Maybe the other reviewers had better luck at certain times of the day and with more help to waitress-- but we had a very bad experience.

2  Thank borahlion

Been to Bella Luna Pizzeria? Share your experiences!