“My Best Experience at a La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Traveling from Dallas to Denver with a 9 year old. Stayed at the LaQ in Trinidad--very clean hotel. Quiet rooms. Well lit parking lot. Nice pool and workout facilities. Beautiful views of the Rockies including the Spanish Peaks. Wonderful hot breakfast included! Convenient to Interstate 25 and to town!

We had such a good stay we decided to try the LaQ in Amarillo a few days later on our way back to Dallas--that was not the same type of experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad

Reviewed May 28, 2010

I travel through Trinidad frequently and always stay at this La Quinta. It is without a doubt the best of the chain that I have visited. Always super clean with a great staff. If only all the La Quintas were this beautiful and well run. La Quinta managers take note...this one sets the standard!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I have to admit I never thought I would find a decent hotel in Trinidad, but this one is great! The hotel is clean, well maintained, and actually very pretty. I will begin by saying that a great amenity is the bar/restaurant they have. They serve quick bites to pizza, sandwiches, etc. The food is made fresh by the owners and is pretty decent especially if you are too tired to leave the hotel or it is a snowy night. The bar also offers happy hour and decent beer, wine, and some mixed drinks. The rooms are clean and spacious offering flat screen TV's, a microfridge, coffee maker, etc. The breakfast is the morning is also very good! The staff is constantly tidying up and looking after low juices, plates, etc. They offer a wide variety of cereals, pastries, breads, bagels, and hot dishes that alternate each day. I actually look forward to traveling to Trinidad for business since I can stay in a well maintained hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Upon arrival the hotel was beautiful and when we entered it surpassed our expectations. Clean, fast service and friendly!! We decided not to leave the hotel..too tired. We stayed in for drinks and food. Drinks - full bar! Food, we had the Old Faithful pizza YUM-O!! Friendly folks made it and visited. Totally a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I am a big fan of La Quinta hotels and my husband and I found the one in Trinidad is better than most! Service when we checked in and out was superb; our request for ground flloor accomodations was met; the rooom was spacious, quiet, clean, and comfortable (in spite of a loud AC/heating unit). In addition, although we did not have bathing suits with us, the pool and spa looked quite inviting. Finally, the hot breakfast surpassed what is typically offered in other hotels for the same price. The great Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks away was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We stayed at the La Quinta in Trinidad on a recent road trip headed west from Omaha, and we LOVED it! The room was so new and clean. It came with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. We were pretty tired once we arrived, and decided to grab a pizza and a beer at the hotel "pizzeria". It's small, but our pizza was delicious!

We had two small cats with us that also enjoyed their stay!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2009

From the friendly face of fabulous Felicia the front desk lady greeting me until the second I finally left, my experience with this La Quinta was first-rate.
Traveling with a dog limits your choices. Sometimes even if they SAY pet-friendly, the response you get on arrival suggests otherwise.

But here, every staff member I encountered was equally warm and responsive. In fact, another guest passed through the lobby with a puppy. Well, the puppy got excited and left a puddle on the floor. Felicia just took it in stride, calming the guests' fears of having made a mess.

Trinidad, Colorado is an odd little gem, and this hotel followed suit. The lobby was virtually gleaming, every fixture shiny and polished. It felt clean and smelled clean.
The hotel is within walking distance of a Wal-Mart in case you forgot something, and has a gas station right next door.
This type of non-business travel, “personal with a purpose” (moving, visiting a sick relative, picking up your dog in Denver and driving back to California, things like that) is generally stressful and I’ve finally learned not to skimp on accommodations.
The room was immaculate, including the bathroom. There was a juicy flat-screen LG TV the same size as the one I have at home. Everything was as it should be. Plenty of outlets.

The only minor disturbance was a written warning about bears in the area! The night desk clerk couldn't confirm nor deny any bear activity, but I was nervous taking the dog out in the dark.

La Quinta has features I seem to always need including: Directly off the highway, visible from the road (in case I’m tired or it’s dark), inside hallways (woman traveling alone), and accepts pets (woman not exactly traveling alone), free breakfast (in case I just want to get an early start).

And BREAKFAST STARTS AT FOUR A.M. Read that again. Finally. A place that gets it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad
#10 of 18 in Raton
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 10 in Trinidad

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad? Share your experiences!