“Reliable”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Los Angeles, California
“Reliable”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

You expect a certain level of quality at a low price at the Holiday Inn and this hotel provided that. not fancy of new, but nice and clean and comfortable. Staff was nice and helpful. Food in the restaurant was not the best, but not any less than I expected. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Nathan A, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Rebecca G,
Thank you for your stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Trinidad, CO. We're glad we can offer a reasonable priced, neat, and clean hotel. Having a restaurant is nice to have when you just want stay in, and relax. I'm sorry the food wasn't to your liking, but glad it wasn't down right awful. When and if you stay with again, if something from the hotel and/or restaurant is not right; please let us know so we can give our best to try and make it better.

Guest Experience Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience here. The service was top notch and our room was very clean. We were very weary coming in from 14 hours of driving and this place hit the spot. The restaurant was very accommodating and had good food. Definitely a great stopping point on your trip!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Lfferg
Nathan A, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Lfferg,
Thank you for taking the time to survey your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Trinidad, Colorado. We're glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction and liking in the hotel, as well as the on-site Peaks Restaurant. We look forward to your next stay with us, and being that home away from home.

Guest Experience Champion
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here passing through for a night. It was a typical Holiday Inn, nice and clean. The staff was friendly too. We didn't want to get out so we ate at the restaurant downstairs and it was good. No big deal, but decent. Our room was clean. We did have a problem where someone was smoking in their room next to us and the smell was real strong. The front desk handled it very nicely and took care of it. Also the walls seemed a little thin, as we could here the people above us and beside us, but it is bearable. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor so you don't have to listen to anybody above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Emd581
Nathan A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Emyd123,
I want to express my appreciation for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Trinidad, CO. We're glad it was decent stay for you all in the hotel and restaurant, but sorry you had the one issue come up. I'm glad to hear my staff took care of it right away, and was friendly on the plus side as well. We look forward to your next stay with us, and going from decent to excellent!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

They will charge you a fee of $150.00 for smoking in the room even though we didn't smoke in their room, it already smelled but I was tired so I didn't complain when I checked in at 2am! For 1 night I was charge over $300.00 for a crappy stinking room, the bed skirt was nasty with white stains on it which was easy to see since it was black, there isn't any water pressure so don't even think about trying to get the shampoo out of your hair! When I was leaving the hotel I almost cut my face on the strips of metal they have sticking out on the outside of the building walls! This hotel ruined my trip to Trinidad so I'm giving everyone a heads up before they ruin your trip too!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank HT1983
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear HT1983,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

For the most part this hotel was just fine for a night. I would prefer to give it 3 1/2 stars but cannot. Clean beds and high ceilings in the room. Clean bathroom however there was a funny smell - we were not sure if it was the water itself?

Of course it would be much preferable if free breakfast was provided, but it is not.

We may or may not stay here if in the area again, but there was nothing particularity bad about this hotel.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Butterfly_n1
Nathan A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Butterfly_n1,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Trinidad, CO Holiday Inn & Suites. Feedback of the room's cleanliness is good to hear, but I apologize for the issue you had with a smell from the bathroom. This will address with housekeeping to prevent it from being a bigger issue. Also apologize for no complimentary breakfast. Holiday Inn Express & Suites offer that kind of breakfast option, and Holiday Inn & Suites offer a full service restaurant on-site.

Once again thank you for the feedback, sorry for the issues you had, and ask that you give us another opportunity to accommodate to make it a wonderful stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay, a little out of town but next to one of the best restaurants that Trinidad has to offer. Easy access off the interstate and just a short jaunt into town. Nice rooms, good pool, decent restaurant in hotel though tequilas next door is much better!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mattalanyoung
Dear Mattalanyoung,
Thank for giving us your feedback of your stay at Holiday Inn in Trinidad, CO. Our property is located right off the interstate proving a convenience to all who want "somewhere to hang one's hat" for the night, then right back on the road. I'm glad that the hotel satisfied your stay, and dining options were close to by to satisfy your taste buds. Thank you for your stay, and will be here waiting for your next visit.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had one of the worst customer service experiences ever at this hotel. After hunting and pecking each letter from my ID, the front desk guy tells me the bar will close on a Monday at 9:00pm. I told him I was paying the extra $30 for the room because I wanted to watch Monday Night Football in the Hotel I would stay at. He said that the bar was clearing out the 25+ customers at 9:00 to MOP THE FLOOR. I asked to be checked out. The manager was called in and I asked him why the floor could not be mopped at 9:00am when the bar is empty. He got short and nasal with me and told me that was the busiest time. 9:00am is the busiest time??? He said yes for the restaurant and both had to be closed. I asked why not at 3:00 PM when the hotel would be empty. He raised his voice and said “Well we have to clean Sir!!!”. I had a bad experience at Holiday Inn 15 years ago and this was their second chance. I would rather spend the night in a van down by the river then to EVER walk into any Holiday in again!

Room Tip: go to any other Hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jay W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jay W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 18 in Raton

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad? Share your experiences!