“Bad Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Kansas City, Kansas
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had one of the worst customer service experiences ever at this hotel. After hunting and pecking each letter from my ID, the front desk guy tells me the bar will close on a Monday at 9:00pm. I told him I was paying the extra $30 for the room because I wanted to watch Monday Night Football in the Hotel I would stay at. He said that the bar was clearing out the 25+ customers at 9:00 to MOP THE FLOOR. I asked to be checked out. The manager was called in and I asked him why the floor could not be mopped at 9:00am when the bar is empty. He got short and nasal with me and told me that was the busiest time. 9:00am is the busiest time??? He said yes for the restaurant and both had to be closed. I asked why not at 3:00 PM when the hotel would be empty. He raised his voice and said “Well we have to clean Sir!!!”. I had a bad experience at Holiday Inn 15 years ago and this was their second chance. I would rather spend the night in a van down by the river then to EVER walk into any Holiday in again!

Room Tip: go to any other Hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jay W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jay W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed one night in Trinidad on our way from Albuquerque to Colordao Springs. Having no reservation, we were happy to find a room available. Unfortunately, the happiness ended there. The room itself had several drawbacks: there was no fridge or microwave in the room; the coffeemaker (no tea) was located on the counter in the bathroom! The TV made a strange triling noise when being turned on or off - loud enough to wake sleepers who had fallen asleep with the TV on. It also had an instant-on light that was about six inches long located on the front of the set that was very distracting when trying to fall asleep. I ended up putting something in front of the TV to block the light out.

We can't help but wonder if a better hotel could have been found just a bit further up the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sharonp86
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear sharonp86,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the amenities of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Accomodations were fantastic. Hotel staff was great. Bed was great.
Restaurant was fantastic. Wait staff friendly. Ashley will brighten your day!
Best hotel chicken fried steak I have ever had. (I have been around the world twice)
You can't go wrong with Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Make sure your King room has fridge and microwave. Some rooms here do not.....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph S
Nathan A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Joseph S,
Thank for your high remarks on your stay at Trinidad, CO Holiday inn & Suites. We're glad to hear that everything from staff, room, and especially Peaks Restaurant & Lounge was very accommodating to you. We thank you and appreciate the positive feedback, and look to seeing you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Albuquerque. It's located right near I-25 and a gas station. The check-in process was quick and easy and the evening staff was really friendly. Our room was comfortable and we grabbed a quick drink from the bar near the lobby. We didn't stop for breakfast on the way out the next morning, but it looked good. If I am ever traveling thru this area again I would definitely stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lovetoraodtrip82,
Thanking for taking the time to give us your remarks on your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Trinidad, CO. Our friendly staff give their best effort to making every stay enjoyable. We appreciate hearing the process to check-in was quick and easy, the room very comfortable, and providing the Peaks restaurant and lounge was accommodating to you. Again thank you for the good review, and will be waiting to see you again for your next stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed in Trinidad because this hotel was supposedly a better deal than the HI in Raton. Coming up from the south on the Interstate, I went by the property the first time, as it is located south, outside of town, at the Starkville Exit, to the east and up the hill.
But this was a very nice hotel, either new or newly remodeled. I was a bit disappointed that there was not the free breakfast, but that is not available at Holiday Inns and Suites.
The biggest issue was internet and cell service. Nothing worked for me. Even when I tried the computers in the business center, I wasn't able to connect to my email or use my phone. The manager Pamela, was quite nice about this and let me into her office to use her personal computer with a different provider, when I explained the reasons. But even that did not send. She made this up to me by comping my breakfast the next morning at the hotel's restaurant, 'the Peaks'. Turns out that my problem was related to the recent flooding in CO and the wash-outs of several cell towers.
Dinner that evening was also at the restaurant since I did not know the town. The menu is varied enough so I did alright, but the bar in the front of the restaurant made it quite noisy.The restaurant is nice and the staff was polite.
The room was comfortable and I did sleep fairly well, which is unusual for me when traveling.
Next morning I used the comped coupon for breakfast and server Michele was very nice. They serve a buffet line, but I ordered off the menu and things were cooked to order and served hot and promptly.
I made reservations to stay here again on the return trip, in just a few days. The printer wouldn't print so I had the manager make me a copy of the confirmation order to use when I checked in. Pamela, the manager, helped make what could have a huge disaster into a pleasant stay. Kudos to her.
On the return visit, I still had cell phone issues, which I learned still had to do with the flooding but also that certain providers don't do well here. The hotel property backs up into the cliff and I think that has something to do with the problem. IHG, the parent company of HI, was running a point promotion which wasn't operating on the computer in the business center, so I took my concerns to the day manager, Tim, who was quite helpful, even calling IHG headquarters to help rectify the problem.
And the second time on the return trip, there were TV connection issues too. The TV had difficulty receiving the signal and took many minutes to start up. The front desk person that evening, promised to check on this, but he was alone and couldn't leave right away. Before he arrived, the TV came on by itself. Once again the people made this a pleasant stay despite the tech issues.
There is adequate off-street parking, which is well lit.
There is a pool and a spa, which I did not use.
Trinidad is a pleasant small town and since I come this way, I will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in back will have a 'view' of a cliff side--dirt and tree roots. Quiet, but no view. B...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Violette54,
I want to thank you in providing us a review of your few stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Trinidad, CO. I apologize for all the technical issues you had to experience. Technology now a days is so dependent, that we're lost with out. Haha. I am glad to see the staff, room, and restaurant all made your stays pleasant and comfortable. Pamela, Tim, Michele ,and rest of the staff all take pride in our work and our hotel; and providing a great service to keep all customers happy especially our business clientele. I apologize once again for the difficulties experienced, and appreciate the positive remarks. We look forward to seeing again.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were not pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn in Trinidad. When we first checked in we were not greeted as Platinum members, as we usually are. When we asked for an upgrade to a King, Mark said they did not have any kings available, which I thought was strange for I had just book the room on the internet and they were available and the hotel wasn't crowded. He gave us a standard suite which I don't think had been dusted in weeks and the windows still had the sticky kids handprints on them. I dusted the room myself and washed the window. Glasses that I used were put in the hallway in the AM and they were still there when we came back that evening. The WiFi service was very poor. We were not able to get any work done or even check emails unless we went down to the lobby. Mark said he changed the router but it didn't do any good. If we asked anyone else, they just shook their head.
We have stayed at the HIE in Raton in the past and we shall go back there on our next visit to the area. They have great service and the rooms are a lot cleaner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank texan54
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear texan54,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the WIFI connection and quality of your room. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel room was nice, clean, quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. When you've been on the road all day, this hotel is a dependable place to rest your weary body.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lucyvp2,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites as a resting place for your trip. We appreciate the high remarks you on our staff, cleanliness, restaurant, and overall quality. We take pride in providing the best service we can, and making any stay a comfortable one. Once again thank you, and we hope to see you again!

Front Desk Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 10 in Trinidad
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Days Inn & Suites Trinidad

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad? Share your experiences!