“Great stop along a long path!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Dallas, Texas
“Great stop along a long path!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Upon check-in I was greeted with a smile and a very friendly desk clerk. The hotel itself was beautiful as well as our room. The bed was comfortable. I was dissapointed in the coffee bar. I'm used to the Marriott coffee bar that has hot water, regular coffee and decaf coffee. There were no tea bags or flavored cream. I won't decrease my rating for this, but I would have liked to have a flavored cream for my morning coffee.
There is a hotel restaurant that we didn't try because two people staying in the hotel indicated it took 1 1/2 hours to get their food. We walked next door to the Wendy's. There is also a Mexican restaurant and a Shell gas station next door. Beyond that, there is nothing. If I need another stop-over in Trinidad, I will stay here without hesitation.

Room Tip: There is very little parking out front. Most of it is to the side and behind the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kansas
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We escaped from the windy camping conditions Memorial Day weekend at this Holiday inn. We arrived at the hotel, wind-blown, hungry, tired & irritable. Roman greeted us with a smile and checked us in to our room very quickly. The room was a welcome change from being wind blown and sand blasted. After settling in we decided to call down to the restaurant for food, it being 10 minutes to their closing time, they informed us that the kitchen would be closing soon. We placed our order and it was brought up to our room, with a smile. Yes a smile, not an irritated here's your ^@%! food, but a smile. I was floored. Next morning we went to the restaurant where Randi, (poor girl) wiped up not one be THREE spills, again with a smile. This place is overflowing with customer service. An animal we all thought long extinct. I will stay here again, should my travels take me through Trinidad Co again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank April R
Maybrook
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel is clean, pretty, bartender was nice, room gorgeous. Desk manager Pamela needs to work alone in the world. I have never met a person as rude as her. I'm a member of pretty much all of the hotel frequent traveler programs, when I check into hotels I'm usually treated very kindly. This was not the case when I checked into this hotel. I felt as if I was bothering when i checked in, I asked if an upgrade was available and was rudely refused. To top it off, the way she spoke to her employees was deplorable. I left after one night, when the next morning she seemed to be gossiping about my friends and I to another woman while we used the guest computer to print out tickets. The hotel was nice, management was not.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ryan D
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Ryan D,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking time to leave us a review. I am pleased you liked the room accommodations you received. I would like to apologize for the way you were treated by the management. We take our guest comments seriously and strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very nice accomodations with people that have an excellent attitude and are focused on the customer.

I had stopped staying at Holiday Inns when Best Western started their motorcycle program, it just made Best Western more economical. However, after this visit I will be checking into more Holiday Inn's when the pricing is right and finally will be using my Priority Club membership again.

Restaurant is Open til 10 PM important for the long days in the wind.... you can check in and still have dinner.

Room Tip: 3 floor rooms have no people walking around abive you so you can sleep better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The hotel was clean and in good shape. We were traveling with pets, as we were moving and they allow pets (with a small fee) which was a huge help for us. The room was very large and hotel was quiet and easy to get to.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dillon
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Relatively new property, in good shape...Friendly staff, located just off interstate. Nice room, clean, well kept,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Snowpiste
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Snowpiste,

Thank your for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27705907
WestSlope,CO
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We arrived late and left early, so we didn't have a chance to use the pool or fitness center or eat at the restaurant; therefore I can't comment on those amenities. This hotel, at this time, does not include breakfast, but internet and parking are free. The hotel lobby, hallways and our room/bathroom were very clean and spacious. The bed was a little firmer than I prefer, but was clean and comfortable. There was a nice flat screen TV. I usually feel that Holiday Inns are a little bit pricey in comparison to others, but I bid on Priceline and got this stay for less than $100, which I felt was a reasonable value for a hotel with good reviews here on Trip Advisor.

The hotel is on the east side of the Interstate at exit 11. If you use On-Star, do not trust your On-Star directions in this instance (and possibly other mapping software). We used the correct address on Santa Fe Trail, but On-Star took us to the wrong exit & to the eastern city limits of Trinidad, out in the boonies with no hotel or anything else in sight, but insisted we were at our destination even after I called them back! We were on Santa Fe Trail, but at the wrong end! We knew the Holiday Inn was right off Interstate 25 since we have driven by it before, so we turned around and made our way back to find it ourselves after the desk clerk accidentally told us another incorrect exit number to take and we ended up at a not-so-friendly-looking convenience store. Our scavenger hunt, of course, has no bearing on which hotel you choose, but I am hoping to save another visitor some time and trouble by mentioning this! As for the hotel, we would recommend it and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank misspWestSlope_CO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trinidad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 10 in Trinidad
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Days Inn & Suites Trinidad

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad? Share your experiences!