“Nice room at a good price, but eat somewhere else”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Towaoc
Ute Mountain Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Towaoc
Fortaleza, CE
“Nice room at a good price, but eat somewhere else”
Reviewed October 23, 2007

For $66 (would have been $62 if I had found my AARP card, but they would not or could not let me print out my card from the Internet), the room was very modern and nice except for one stain on the carpeting. Better price than what I found on the Web sites of hotels in nearby Cortez. Casino was pretty small and basic. Only dining options in the hotel were a fast-food counter (closed when I got there) and a dinner buffet, from which my wife got ill (I got a hot dog at the truck stop next door). Only option for breakfast was a buffet, so we ate in Cortez. I would not go out of my way to stay at this hotel, but as a place to sleep it was fine. I would not take a chance on the restaurant, however.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank Sutter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
mcallen
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Twice a year our family goes on a trip and we always stay at UTE mountain. The Casino is not that great and we ALWAYS lose. Front desk is usually friendly and the rooms have always been clean. The view is beautiful BUT staff is not courteous what so ever. My complaint is especially with housekeeping. They were rude and tried to refuse extra towels. That is ridiculous. Also, I accidentaly forgot my sprint internet connection card in my room. I called asking for it becuase I was positive I left it there and they claimed to not have seen it. When I was discussing this with this lady she started babbling about it being my fault and acted very unprofessional. She acted like a high school brat. UTE mountain staff and their total disregard of the client has lost our business for sure. We decided to take our money else where, I would suggest everyone else to do the same. I am not generalizing, we are basing our decision on multiple occurences. Sorry, but I do NOT reccomend this place. Oh and the food is not impressive.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank icebluelove

Travelers are raving about these Towaoc hotels

Scottsdale
Reviewed August 2, 2007

On the positive side,the guest registration counter is easily located just inside the main entrance. On the negative side, the smoke from the casino is overwhelming. I had been quoted one price, but upon arrival, a higher price was on the paperwork. I mentioned that Kirby had quoted the lower price, but learned that he was on break. I had booked a mini-suite, supposedly with jacuzzi tub, etc. When I got to the room, there was no jacuzzi tub, no refrigerator. When these were mentioned, there was no adjustment in price or change of room.
The room was spacious, I can't say too much more in favor of staying there again. There must have been a power failure recently, since the clock radio and microwave needed to be set. The room had a safe to put valuables, in case it was broken into, but the safe is just a small portable, that is sitting in the closet.They might want to bolt that down!
Also, if you have your air conditioning on, the noise from it cycling on and off during the night was enough to wake us up. When we were awake, you had to adjust TV volume every time it cycled. Checkout was OK, and Kirby was there to authorize the correct rate.
Food in the restaurant was nothing special, the buffett was not restocked or clean. Looks like it had been sitting for a long time. Service sucked! No asking to refill water, tea. When you got your food, you also got your check. Server was gone after that.
Overall impression was to not stay there again!!WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — BAD VALUE
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 7RRanch
San Francisco
Reviewed March 19, 2007

An interesting and enjoyable hotel. By getting a player's card from the casino we were able to get a very nice non-smoking room for not much more than half what we are accustomed to paying.
They have a small buffet in the hotel, which while less fancy than a big place in Las Vegas, was very satisfactory. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — excellent value
  • Disliked — cigarettte smoke in casino, but this is to be expected
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank flash_tsquare
Denver, Co
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I was driving through and looking for a reasonable place to stay. The person behind the reservation desk was helpful and kind. the room was very nice, with a view of the sunrise the next morning. The room was clean, and quiet.
I've had much worse experience for $50, this is highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2007
Phoenix, Az.
Reviewed December 6, 2006

I stay in Hotels very frequently. Reservations were made, well in advance, with Eric, the front desk supervisor. This was for Thanksgiving, to visit family. When we arrived our King size bed that we requested, was not available, instead we got a room with two queen beds. Okay, stuff happens. My wife and I were polite through out this ordeal. They agreed to rectify the problem the next morning. It didn't happen. The staff at the desk were arrogant and very rude. The lady behind the counter, stated that she didn't care about our problem and any place in town would state the same. Naturally, I went up the ladder to the VP. He was nice and apologetic, and even gave us a free night. However, the front desk locked us out of our room, when we returned from Thankksgiving dinner, I can only assume why.The reason I am writing this, simply put, Eric, and two of the girls behind the counter were extremely rude, no guest should be treated with such arrogance. Eric, even had the nerve to spout off his disapproval of us meeting with the VP to my wife, he waited until I was not around. Very nasty people. We never did get the room that we reserved. The family visit was great, this thing just put a negative spin on our trip to Colorado.

• Liked — The VP
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay in Cortez, I will try another Hotel next trip.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank NECAZ
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 3, 2006

I want to address several issues.

In general, the rooms in this property are as good as most of the Marriott and the Hilton properties that I usually stay in. The room was absolutely spotless, the furnishings were really nice, and the rooms pleasant.

The Ute employees were extremely friendly. We booked a $69 room. The front desk clerk told us that if we would sign up at the casino club, we would get a $10/ night discount +$5 per person in cash for the slot machines. AND there was **NO** hotel taxes added to the bill!!! That saved us $30! I will admit that the front desk folks were not as polished as a Marriott front desk but they made up for their inexperience with enthusiasm.

The casino was VERY SMOKY, some of the worst ventilation. The buffet was very inexpensive but nearly inedible.

There was NO hotel in nearby Cortez that could hold a candle to this property.

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank jlawrence05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towaoc
Far View Lodge
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites
Tomahawk Lodge
Tomahawk Lodge
#10 of 16 in Cortez

Been to Ute Mountain Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!