“Spacious room and nice location”

D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Jomtien Beach
BKK
“Spacious room and nice location”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Corner Suite room, very spacious combined with 1 living area and 1 bed room. The hotel is located on Jomtien Beach which was more quiet and relaxed comparing to other beached. Staff are really friendly. Very recommended hotel for family traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nutwcho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
italy
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been to Furama Hotel from dec. 24 to dec. 3oth.I had been a ltitle afraid reading the comments of tourists that had been there, but when I arrived at the hotel my fears disapperead.
The building is very well kept and very nice.Reception very very nice.I took a sea view room.The bathroom needs some refreshment., but the room was nice, very well kept and clean.Air conditioning very good and almost no noise, as the compressor was on the terrace.Welcome drink offered by the lady in charge when I arrived.Check in very quick and room given in a few minutes.Breakfast very very nice, with a lot of all you might wish.It is completely self service though.. even coffee you have to take by yrself.but that is no problem.Bars, restaurants,internet are pricey.. but as the price of the room was very reasonable, i did not care.Maybe I was lucky, but never had problems with lifts ( a couple of lifts is reserved from floors 20 to 30 ) and never had problems with russian tourists.they were the majority, in reality, but they did not disturb at all.two swimming pools.but not very deep.free towels for the swimming pools and free towels for the beach (before 10.00)..Beach is a little disappointing..just a few metres wide.But umbrellas and deck chairs are very cheap. 10 bath each.taxi from airport 1500 baths.. taxi from hotel to airport 1000 bath.It is very easy to take a tuk tuk to pattaya for 10 bath.plenty of them in both directions.Finally, I would go to this hotel again.Thanks again to the lady in charge of the reception staff.She did her best.The staff actually need a better english knowledge..but it was acceptable after all

Room Tip: sea view rooms give you a wonderful view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank astraitaly
Volgograd, Russia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We lived in this hotel during two nights and after it I can said that it was beautiful days and nigths for us! Very welcoming and friendly staff, good English speaking, lovely clean and comfortable rooms, great views of the sea from the deluxe room - these are not simply words. The apparent advantage is the location of the hotel and a good price. We loved the varied breakfast.
The one and only drawback was insanely expensive paid wi-fi.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is one of the best choice in price/quality...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AlexV1974
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were on family vacation in Pattaya and wanted to stay at the hotel located in Jomtien Beach. I am glad that we choose Furama Jomtien Beach resort which is located just a stone throw away from the 'cleanest' beach in pattaya.

Since I was travelling with my parenets, I wanted to ensure that they get good spacious room with sea facing balcony. Days before the check-in I got in touch with Mr. Saksith Buathong, Manager in the hotel who was very courteous and helpful. He allocated the room which made our stay even more enjoyable. He patiently answered all my queries with regards to the available rooms. On our arrival, Mr Siwanut E (front office staff), showed us our room and allowed my parents to rest while I completed the check-in process in the lobby.

Room was spacious and has excellent sea veiw from the balcony. View of sun rise and sun set over the sea is something that stay with you for long. Breakfast was good & menu variety was wide.

As for the location of the hotel, beach is just accross the road! Beach chair on this beach is also reasonable costing 30 Baht/chair. There was no trouble in finding the local thai food as there are several resturants & local food vendors near the hotel. Even Seven-Eleven store & other shops such as Pharmacy, travel agents are located nearby. Major advantage for us was that this place is away from the 'maddening' crowd and most of the tourist here were with family. Travelling to other places in Pattaya was also not a problem as it is easy to find 'baht Bus' which usually stand opposite the hotel.

I would definitely like to stay here again and would recommend this hotel, specially to people on family vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank moday
Bangalore
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Located at a great location in Pattaya, a few steps to the Jomtien beach. Away from the city hustle-bustle. The hotel is well-designed and looks classy. They have 2 pools, very clean and well-maintained. The rooms were very clean and I loved the view from the balcony of our room. Beautiful sea-view and sun-set view. You would feel that its worth the money you paid.
The breakfast buffet menu is wide and good. They have a few resturants within and coffee shop too. The tours agent, bars, massage parlour, grocery shop, medical shop is right next to the hotel and as a traveller, I dont think you have to search and travel far for anything. The tuk-tuk can take you to the walking street or any prime part of the city for only 10 Baht. Trust me, you would make a wise choice if you choose your stay here.
Not to miss, they had organised a Halloween party too during our stay. Though not many turned up at the party but it was well planned and arranged.
But as ever, you would have a few set-backs. The hotel seems to be over-crowded at all times. You will find people everywhere, whether you are in lobby, spa, resturant or pool, you will find atleast 50 people at all times. The staff, especially the reception staff are so occupied managing check-ins and check-outs that they dont even bother to listen to what you have to stay. The most disappointing part was the check-out when the receptionist guy was not even courteous to say `Thanks` or `Hello`. He made us feel that he gave us a free stay here. Grrr!
But ignoring the staff, an excellent hotel or the best hotel at Jomtien beach area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krisvijay
Belgaum, India
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I and my wife visited the hotel, supposed to be a Four Star Hotel, not even a single feature you have of that sort. The reception counter is worst of that lot its so dirty filled with dust i dont know how people work over there, secondly the reception counter is very slow in their work, thirdy the doors of the rooms are not coloured properly lots of scratches fourthly the bath tub is outdated. The best things of this hotel are Nice Lift Service and Big Rooms, Great Buffet Breakfast but could be better

Room Tip: Think 10 times before choosing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prashantkamble646

Travelers are raving about these Jomtien Beach hotels

South Africa
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to the hotel for a seminar, so I did not pay. You might say this does not give me the right to comment. That is your opinion, I stayed there for a week so I think I do have the right.
My room was on the 29th floor and in my seminar there where at least 150 people. Everyday when we finished we had to wait 30 mins to get upstairs. As there are only 3 elevators going all the way up. And 2 going to the 5 th floor. These elevators broke down continuously. Some of us started using the service elevators and then one of them broke down too and was not repaired by the time we left. I must say that the room was clean to begin with but that the bath was not cleaned daily. Also I hung my towel up to use again and it was still removed. My biggest peeve was that you had to pay around 100baht for 30 mins worth of wi fi. Whereas I have stayed in various hotels in Thailand and never had to pay, let alone be charged an arm and a leg for Internet access. The breakfast was ok if you went for bacon and eggs. The thai food they offered could have been nicer. The view was spectacular but as we spent about an hour a day (while the sun was up) in our rooms, so this was not enough to make me want to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel & Resort
Grand Jomtien Palace
Grand Jomtien Palace
#109 of 445 in Pattaya

Been to D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya? Share your experiences!