Lowest prices for your stay
$54
Agoda.com
$46
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The expieriance went from bad to worse as I checked in. The staff are the rudest hotel staff I have ever come accross in my years of traveling!!! Rude is under statement, lake of communication, direction and overall understanding about basic requests/needs. On check in I requested a beer with my son. We received I semi cold Stale beer, that was foul! When we took one sip we knew that something wasn't right! So we tried to nicely say that we didn't want the beer. The staff tried to insist on us paying after in depth heated discussion we agreed. The Beds are Hard as a rock! I believe that I may have been attacked by bed bugs as I now have welts all over my body from that bed. When entering the bathroom at first impression it looks quite good. When I went to have a shower (twice daily) the water doesn't drain because they have placed the drain at the wrong end of the shower. When I asked them about the problem they shrugged there shoulders. They would have to know about this problem but choose not too!(I even had the room maids come up and showed them, they didn't even get it fixed or try to as it can't be fixed unless a full bathroom Reno is conducted, nothing was offered for my content mopping up there problems, not even a smile) This Hotel is laughable it is so bad!!! My room was not made up daily when I got home from daily events. 3-4pm. I had to request that my room be made up then sit on my small balcony. Every day I had to complain. If you an early riser forget breakfast because it doesn't start to 8am and mind you it is terrible!! Pre wrapped in glad wrap from the past days/weeks. On check out the staff tried to charge me for a beach towel and a kit Kat. (the beach towel was used to mop up one of the showers but was not taken at all) and the kit Kat was probably taken by the maid in spite because she actually was forced to do something. I could go on and on about the extreme lack of service at this hotel, But I just want this to Serve a serious warning! Stay here at your own PERAL!!!

Date of stay: December 2011
6  Thank Trendz7
Reviewed December 4, 2011

After checking in we were upgraded to a junior suite and to be honest if I stayed here again I would definitely pay for the upgrade as the difference in the room size made a huge difference to the comfort our stay. The deluxe room although very comfortable and very well presented is very small in comparison to the junior suite. The breakfast has an excellent choice from cereal to full English and Thai food, the pool area does not get the sun until approximately 1pm so be prepared to spend the morning on the beach over the road if you are early risers!
The prices for the mini bar were much the same as some of the local bars and the service we received at the hotel was very good.
We would definitely recommend the bar/restaurant next door called Cafe le Mar, the food is excellent and the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The beach bar belonging to the bar is also very good and the food is served to you on the beach in your deck chair!
Overall we would definately recommend this hotel and will be coming back to stay again in the future.
The local resort is very Russian orientated and many of the menus and shops have Russian as their first language, however on saying this we have loved the local area and if you are looking for something a little quieter and tamer than pattaya city then this resort will probably suit you better!
The local beach has yellow sand and although the street sellers will come and offer you all their goods they aren't a nuisance and if you say no they do leave you alone. The deck chairs are adequate, although not as comfortable as a sun lounger but this just seems to add to the the local atmosphere and anything else would seem out of place.
The local prices are very good value, but remember to haggle!!!

Room tip: Book a junior suite to get a large room and email the hotel prior to arrival to state what bed size you would like!
Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank Katie T
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The experience was really bad. No one stays here , u will find urself the only ony guest. It is at another corner of the city where looks like fisherman's place starts. If you are going to pattaya I requet you to avoid this hotel, it will ruin your holidays. The staff is very uncooperative wud not even try to listen to you.

Date of stay: November 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank charu b
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The biggest plus about this hotel is its privacy... no big groups of tourists disturbing the peace. As this is still a relatively new and unknown hotel right on the Jotiem beach, I hope that it stays that way.

Room is exactly as shown...big, spacious,comfortable and everything works! The balcony chairs are a little hard and uncomfortable and the view of the sea is partly blocked by the trees but it's still great to relax by the balcony. The bed is firm and comfortable and the LCD TV is nicely mounted on the wall for a pleasant viewing experience. The curtain skirting around the bath tub is not that practical....water tends to drip to the floor and otherwise, no major complaint.

Housekeeping is prompt and attentive. Staff are always smiling and respectful. The continental breadfast choice is pretty satisfactory but you do not want to eat the same thing everyday. Overall a great experience and I would recommend this highly to anyone who wants a little privacy and peace in Pattaya.

Room tip: There is a famous beach side seafood restuarant just a few minutes drive away
Date of stay: November 2011
3  Thank hands22
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We booked a "Villa Pool Access" room for two nights. Be warned that there are two of these rooms, and the photos shown on agoda.com are of the better of the two. The other room (the one we had) does not have a microwave as shown in the pictures, and it has significantly less furnishings as compared to what is shown in the pictures.

The main reason we checked out early is that this room is the one closest to the street of all 32 rooms in the hotel, and is very noisy during the day. Furthermore if you swim there you are in full view of everyone in the lobby / reception area, as well as people sitting in the outdoor dining area. It's very uncomfortable and hardly the type of romantic privacy you expect when you pay the extra money for a "Pool Villa". At any other resort (e.g. Keeree Waree in Prachuap Kirikan which is only 800 baht more than Royal Thai Pavilion) a Pool Villa is separate from the rest of the accommodation, and affords a higher level of peace, quiet and privacy. At Royal Thai Pavilion it's the exact opposite - the Villa Pool Access room we had is the least quiet and least private in the entire establishment, and you pay extra to get it!

The room was sparsely furnished - the lounge chairs and coffee table shown in the photos on agoda.com were not present. The only seating was a backless lounge at the foot of the bed which was extremely uncomfortable for sitting to watch TV. The other option was to sit in the bed, however this is so far from the TV that you can't see it clearly anyway. Perhaps the proprietor expects you to stand while watching TV.

The buffet breakfast is minimalistic, far below expectations given the room rate. Marriott Hua-Hin charges approximately the same room rate low-season and their breakfast buffets is probably 5 times better. Even the meagre offerings at the Royal Thai Pavilion's 8am to 10am breakfast buffet weren't enough for the number of guests, and they started running out of food about 9:20am.

Given there was no way we were going to enjoy the rest of our stay, we decided to salvage the rest of our long weekend and checked out a day early to return home to Bangkok. On checkout the reception staff asked why we were checking out early - we answered that we didn't like it, but they showed no interest in knowing why and if there was anything they could do to help.

All in all it appears that the operator is trying to dress this barely 3 star hotel up to look (at least in the publicity photos) like a 4 or 5 star resort, which it definitely is not. In fact for approximately the same price you can get a proper pool access room at Cosy Beach in Pattaya which we've also been to.

I can't imagine which segment of the market would be satisfied with Royal Thai Pavilion. Backpackers would be happy with the rooms, but the price is too high. Those looking for a resort stay would be happy with the price, but disappointed as we were with everything else. Given this, I am extremely skeptical of the good reviews of Royal Thai Pavilion posted here.

The proprietor should cut their rates by 30% to 50% and post more accurate information on their web listings.

Date of stay: July 2011
4  Thank JohnGalt01
royalthai r, Manager at Royal Thai Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

From Royal Thai:

JohnGalt01 supposedly booked a Villa pool Access. If he is a guest, he should contact his tour operator with details and dates of his stay. His tour operator will then be in a position to investigate his complaint through their standard procedures with us. He can also leave his comments on their approved feedback system – only legitimate customers (paying guests) can leave comments, if indeed he was a customer.

Royal Thai Pavilion Hotel has not received a complaint of this nature from a guest or tour operator. This really does prove beyond all doubt these comments are nothing more than a fabricated story.

We have made every effort to ensure our guests have access to the best hotel facilities including our range of individually designed suites. Great care is taken to provide our guests with quality and empathic customer service. We are the only hotel to provide a “Salt Water Swimming Pool” system in Jomtient Beach, Pattaya for added health benefits. Complaints are taken very seriously as feedback from our guests is important to us.

TripAdvisor website as good as it is, is public domain. Any feedback left is based on good faith. Unfortunately these systems leave themselves open to misuse by a competitor or anyone with a grudge, able to create an account and leave inaccurate feedback.

Agoda, Going Places, Thomas Cook and many other agents operate similar online feedback systems that are checkable, only paying customers are allowed to leave feedback.

Yours sincerely