“Never stayed - just reviewing the receptionis”

Review of True Hotel

Hotel Sign
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Hotel Sign
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sherick L...
“Is it worth it?”
Reviewed January 29, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

First of all, I would like to say that THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT HOTEL and that there will always be flaws.. either with the management, the hotel amenities, staffs etc. Hopefully through this review, the management can improve or maintain things inside the hotel.

So to be fair, I'll be mentioning the best and worst things about our stay in True Hotel from Jan 22 to 28.

First, the Hotel staffs. Very accomodating specially those 2 Indian receptionist. Luckily my boyfriend is also an Indian so they easily get along. There happens to be a miscommunication with the booking itself as they gave us the wrong room but all was settled after a few minutes.

Second,The room service. I see people here complaining that the staffs never clean there room during their stay.. actually you need to inform them using the cards provided on each room. One side of the card says DO NOT DISTURB the other side says PLEASE MAKE UP ROOM. The staffs actually roam every morning to check which rooms to clean. We usually let them clean the room as we roam outside. Just make sure to keep all your valuables locked inside your luggage or you can always use the safe.

Third, WIFI and Management. Ok so this one is the actual thing that pissed me off so much during our stay in this hotel. We stayed at Room 406 and take note that each floor in the building has it's designated Wifi connection. I've tried to connect from day one till our last day but it's just not working my boyfriend even tried to connect from lobby to 4th floor but it's all the same. We tried to complain but the only respond we got was "WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT WE ALREADY TRIED TO INFORM THE MANAGEMENT ABOUT THIS CASE MULTIPLE TIMES" like.. Seriously??!!

Fourth, the Tub and Heater. For 499 per night it's pretty neat that the hotel was able to provide a heater and bath tub. The only downside? The heater is not working and the tub doesn't have a rubber stopper .. but yeah we are still able to manage things and I have to mention that the bathroom is actually clean.

And lastly, the Bed. You can say that the bed is old because it's starting to sag and that when you lay down you can actually feel the springs. It's a bit uncomfortable at first but we eventually got used to it.

The hotel also includes a mini fridge, aircon, ceiling fan, dining table set (for two) and a lamp. And all these are working perfectly.

So the question is, for a budget hotel is this place worth it? For a traveler who is not so picky, on a budget, wants a place near food stalls, night market and 2 to 3 minutes away from the beach or is accessible by baht bus.. then the answer is YES. Even though this place has still a lot to improve, it's worth a try.

Ida D
“Never stayed - just reviewing the receptionis”
Reviewed December 30, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We haven't had the chance to sleep in this hotel, however we feel the receptionist of True Hotel 299 deserves a mention here on TripAdvisor. On the night of Dec 26 me and my girlfriend were looking for the guesthouse we had previously booked on Agoda. Having real troubles finding the place, we stepped into True Hotel 299 asking for some help. The receptionist, an Indian chap whose name I can't recall unfortunately, first helped us find the place, then called our guesthouse and finally arranged for us to be safely picked up. A true star, we would have been completely lost without him!

alanst
Manchester
“299 baht...don't expect Hilton”
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I don't expect much for 299 but clean is a basic. It's filthy here and they don't clean the room daily, or in my case for 3 days.

Travelers are raving about these Jomtien Beach hotels

Ashley D
“Do not stay here!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My boyfriend and i wanted to come here to visit a few of the temples on our travels as we'd heard how amazingly beautiful they are...which was true!! But this "hotel" is not so beautiful!!! Damp ceiling, dirty bathroom, bugs everywhere, dirty marks all over bed sheets (dont no what it was) we are backpackers and didnt expect much for the price but this place is unacceptable...1 day tour in pattaya is plenty ....trust me!!

Dominic S
“Full of damp, mould and hair”
Reviewed July 31, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We was given our first room and it was full of damp on the ceiling and the bathroom was filthy. I then requested to change rooms. Then in our second room, there was less damp and the bathroom was even more dirty and over 40 hairs on the bath. I did not expect much for the price but I would atleast like the option to shower. The bed was also very uncomfortable and hardly any light in the room. I would not reccomend and I would advise the owner to employ a new cleaner!

Louise P
“Disappointing and disgusting ”
Reviewed July 29, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The price shouldn't excuse the crappy cleanliness, we got to our room and there was mould all over the ceiling and rusting stains on the bath. We went straight to reception to ask to move rooms, which was handled well, however when we got to our new room, although the bedroom was fine, the bathroom was covered in hairs? I have no idea how any cleaner could miss this, they were literally everywhere and I counted 44 hairs in total. It was gross, and the bath had the same rusty stain as the previous one. The air con was loud and I still woke up in the night because it was hot. If you're on an extreme budget with no wish to use a shower, this place is for you.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing