“Worst hotel experience I have ever had”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed August 4, 2010

First of all, I know that you usually get what you pay for. Seeing as this is an economy extended stay hotel, my expectations of this hotel were not that high to begin with. I travel very frequently and usually stay in nicer brands, but this was booked very last minute and I settled for a cheaper option.

Upon check-in, I learned that there are no irons and ironing boards in the rooms. This is king of a big deal because I was in town for a job interview and I did not want to wear wrinkled clothes to a job interview. The reservation agent on duty at the time told me they have irons but all of the irons are currently out on loan to residents (yes there are several people who actually live at this hotel since it is an extended stay hotel). She assured me that one was coming back shortly and she would be sure to reserve it for me the following morning. I came back the next morning as soon as the office opened and wouldn't you know it, there was no iron reserved for me. There was a new reservation agent on duty at this point and she had no interest in helping me find an iron even after I explained that I have a job interview in a few hours and I cannot show up with wrinkled clothes. Her response was "I'm sorry". That's it! She could have at least offered to see which rooms had irons that should have already been brought back, but she was obviously not interested in helping.

As I previously mentioned, there are several people that live here month-to-month since it is a cheap alternative to signing a 12-monthe lease in an actual apartment. The problem is that these people seemed to think they owned the place and had no regard for the other guests. There were several people out on the balcony at 2-3 am screaming and making tons of noise. In addition, it sounded like the studio above me had a skate ramp built inside it and the tenants were doing jumps and tricks at 4 am. I'm sure they don't really have a skate park in their studio, but that is what it sounded like. Needless to stay, I got virtually no sleep. Basically, I showed up to the job interview with wrinkled clothes running on zero sleep. I wonder if I will get the job?????

I definitely recommend spending a little extra money to stay at nicer hotels in nearby Westminster or Broomfield. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jwilkerson
There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Like a previous reviewer, there was a giant black hair in my shower. They don't even provide shampoo, just a horrible bar of cheap hotel soap. They make a big deal about the kitchenette, but who really needs electric burners and pots and pans in their dinky hotel room... There's a coffee-maker, but no creamer or sugar... No hairdryer. No nothing. The bed which they call a double, is pretty much a single. Two people could not sleep in this bed. The bed is hard as a rock and was collapsed on the front end until I propped it back up... This is seriously the biggest dump I've ever stayed in and I sometimes like the charm of a kitschy hotel. There is no charm here. Also this area of town looks moderately nice, but the people are really trashy (literally walking around barefoot and without teeth)... scary.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank oculissinister
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel beds were COVERED in long black human hairs! All over the pillows, all over the sheets, ALL over!!! More than that my husband and I had to call the POLICE to get our money back because the woman at the front desk, Katrina, would not move us or give us our cash back when we refused to sleep in the room. Do not stay here. I am not even that picky about hotels and can stay practically anywhere, but this place was crazy discusting. When we should the police officer the bed he agreed that neither he nor his wife would sleep there. Please believe me when I tell you, you do NOT want to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lilbrazilian
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The creed posted in their office reads "Treat Each Guest as You Would Like to be Treated"....they DO NOT live up to this motto! We checked in after paying for two Queen beds and were told "there were not Queens available - Housekeeping was gone for the night" and we were given doubles...not what we paid an extra $22 for! Then when we arrived in our room it smelled horrible and the refrigerator door was open and defrosting - leaking all over the floor. I called the front desk to have someone come and take care of the wet floor and leaking refrigerator and was told by the front desk clerk, "that is not my job!". After I said "excuse me?", she was extremely rude and said that she was not a housekeeper and maintenance person - none were available and I'd have to clean up myself and pull the refrigerator out and plug back in to prevent it from leaking more. I asked why a guest was expected to clean up after another guest - she hung up on me.

We spoke to the manager the next morning and he said they were understaffed! We cancelled our 2nd night at this hotel and moved up the road to a nicer hotel that appreciated and deserved our business!

I highly recommend avoiding this hotel.....other rooms in our extended party were dirty and the clientelle walking around seemed questionable - lots of "activity" in the back parking lot.

For a GREAT experience at less money, use the Sleep Inn off 120th Street - great value and service!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jarmbrust
Reviewed July 12, 2009

16 of us checked into 5 rooms in this hotel. 2 rooms were dirty--a shower with footprints in it, no toilet paper and a room unvacuumed. Also 2 rooms that were booked for queen beds were given doubles. When asked to make this right the front desk clerk was very rude, and said there was no housekeeping there! In the morning a very noisy garbage truck came by before 6 a.m. We had intended on staying there another night but cancelled our reservation and went to a very nice Sleep Inn just down the road!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank amygracy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
#17 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!