Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
$82
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskdouble treewarm cookiesgreat hotelbreakfast buffeteasy accesswould recommend this hotel to anyonebusiness tripone night stayup to dateconvenient locationbusiness centerbed was very comfortablegreat roomfitness centerdenverpits
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Completely renovated and well appointed hotel property is a shining star in the Doubletree family. I recommend the hotel with high marks in everyway and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Starting with my arrival, the attentive and gracious front staff were swift and welcoming. That warm cookie was just what I needed as my trip to Denver has started in the wee hours of the morning.

Once up in the room I was delighted with everything. It doesn't hurt that it was new and the room had that new room smell. The bathroom was a little small but it was perfect for the solo traveler. Beds and pillows were excellent and I provided the foundation for a good night sleep.

This is certainly a hotel for any traveling princess or prince to stay when in Denver. Most traveling points are 20 - 25 minutes from the hotel. There are ample eating, shopping and gas facilities close by. Starbuck's is in the parking lot which was also welcome.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank fjplatt
Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to let others know. The cookies are the best aren't they! Thank you for your business, and we look forward to being of service again in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I am a Hilton Honors member (Diamond status) and have stayed at Hilton properties a total of 116 nights so far during 2011 and would be in Thornton for 60 nights. We were very disappointed in the size of the bathrooms (too small for 2 people to occupy at the same time). Breakfast buffet & service was not up to par for a Doubletree. Business center not stocked with supplies. Booked a reward stay (free) for 12 nights. Hotel then booked a paid stay for 5 nights (w/o my knowledge) for period covered by reward stay. At the end of reward stay, we moved next door to the Hampton Inn, which was a great hotel, where we stayed for 44 nights. Recommend you stay at the Hampton Inn (next door) and skip the Doubletree. Eat dinner at the Doubletree. It was excellent.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn, which is located next door. Only eat dinner at the Doubletree.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank IMBITTN
Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. Our staff works hard every day to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Thank you for the lovely comments on our restaurant. If there is anything I may do to make this right, please feel free to contact me.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had the chance to stay at this property which was recently converted from a Raddison I believe, and it is very nice. Everything about my stay was great. The parking was plentiful, the hotel felt pretty empty (given the low rate I got, maybe it wasn't very busy), the gym was top notch with brand new equipment, including treadmills that decline as well as incline, and everything was just new and nice. I didn't eat any meals at the property so can't comment on that, but there is a Starbucks in the same parking lot which was nice to have.

I would stay at this property again for sure if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ryandelany
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed for two nights and, for the most part, was impressed. The property just opened as a Doubletree two months before (I was told by a colleague whom I was meeting with that the place used to be a dump). The lobby and bar areas were very nice - open, plently of places to sit and relax / talk.

The room was great - new flat screen tv, comfortable bed, new bathroom and a small fridge.

The location gave fairly easy interstate access (though tricky to get in an out at times) and a fairly short drive to get around most of Denver - probably 20-25 minutes to the airport (go north and take a toll road - you'll thank yourself later).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ROTPS144
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed at the Doubletree on September 18 for two nights and September 25 for one night. The front desk staff and housekeeping was absolutely outstanding. Attentive and very hospitable. The room was spacious and the beds and linens where so comfortable it felt like home. I would definitely stay here again. It was close to everything including where my family lives. Loved the chocolate chip cookies too.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the courtyard are so quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family