“Green Chili Heaven Richard D”
Review of Original Chubby's

Original Chubby's
Ranked #114 of 156 Restaurants in Thornton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's been 2 years since I've been back to Denver. My first stop the morning after we arrived from Las Vegas was at the 84th and Washington Chubby's. OMG. I was in heaven. Back in the 70's and 80's I would eat at the 38th and Lipan location on a regular basis. I found out during my visit the Lipan location has tweeked there Green Chili recipe. The Washington location has stayed with the original recipe. And original it is. The smothered beef burrito I ordered taste the same as the ones I ate years ago. I have not been to the Lipan location in years, so I can't give an opinion for that location. I would how ever suggest that if you remember the the original Chubbys Burger Green Chili, the Washington location has the recipe you will remember. They sell the chili in various sizes so I was able to bring some back to Vegas with me for a few more days of paridice.

There are newer reviews for Original Chubby's

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food here is so good! I love the smothered cheese fries! I would like some now actually. The place gets really busy around lunch time, but so worth it!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Chubby's has decent tasting food but it is not real Mexican by any stretch. We had the barbacoa burrito, beef enchiladas, chicken enchiladas, and "smothered fries". Service was quick.

The barbacoa had a nice flavor with a bit of smoke, but inside was a glob of canned cheese sauce that had hardened. That was all that was in it. The beef enchilada had a nice flavor; the chicken had no flavor and it had a texture like imitation chicken. Both were covered in some sort of brown gravy that was decent. My wife tried the smothered fries and liked them.

All in all, this is a fast-food joint that is OK for the money. It won't be my first choice but we may return one day.

1  Thank Noel-in-CO
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food is great here, the service is a little slow. If using the drive thru I would suggest to double check your order before leaving the lot. I have driven from far away just to eat here and when I got back to my destination they didn't give me what i had ordered. By that time it was to late to take it back of course. But other then that the food is fresh and great.

1  Thank Ashleigh C
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Been here a few times and its almost packed! And for a reason, good food and service!