“Wanted to see if it's the same.”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #113 of 150 Restaurants in Thornton
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Grand Junction Colorado
“Wanted to see if it's the same.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lots of folks look down at the Waffle house but come – on This place is just terrific. While I was working on the Georgia I used to frequent a Waffle house regularly. I found that the specials where worth it and it was a much better meal than the usual drive thru. I was in Denver CO and thought I'd see if they are as good as I remembered. It is. The service was fast and friendly the special was a good price and tasty. I always feel like it's sort of like going back in time when I go to Waffle House. Just the basics good food at a decent price.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank THETRUTH1952

Victorville, California
“It is what it is - a good breakfast place”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

There comes a time when you just want a quick breakfast or a waffle, so for times like that there is the Waffle House. This Waffle House is smaller than others that I have been, but still able to serve up a hot and clean breakfast. Now is it a Denny's or a 5 star restaurant, well no. What it is is a good place to have breakfast.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mou2
Denver, Colorado
“The breakfast place!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I went to waffle house with my daughter before her Dr's appt, we enjoy the experience because is just a breakfast place!!! Reading other reviews people compare this place with fancy restaurants or judge by the staff, yes is a chain, and is a dinner experience, but for eggs, bacon, waffles and coffe is perfect! I enjoy the service and the food taste and I find no flies or smells, my daughter enjoy to share an excellent pecan waffle with me and I enjoy the coffe, and if I'm in the road and I'm hungry for breakfast, I will stop to this place again! Thanks for reading!

Worldwide
“3-stars for good, classic diner. Colorado needs more Waffle Houses.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Yes, it's a chain. And my love for chains is normally rather limited. But Waffle House is a classic chain. To some (including the previous reviewer, perhaps) it may look down-market. But with a bit of reading, or more personal experience, one may notice that a Waffle House experience is usually more like "down-home".

Of course, Waffle House is an institution in the southeast. Not a fabricated one like Gunther Tootie's, or a would-be one like the chains with "egg" in their names (or Le Peep). More like Hot Shoppes and HoJos used to be, but with better value.

We went to this Waffle House for breakfast on mom's birthday. She likes value, and would be put out by a chain where several dollars extra were designed into the kick-back for "corporate HQ". We normally do breakfast at home, as we're too creative and focused on healthy-but-spicy-tasty food for most restaurants in North America. But Waffle-house's at-table spices are a help. The pecan waffle, hash browns ("smothered" with onions) and grits were spot on. The egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches were fresh and fine, though overpriced (but less so than a Big Mac is at a competitor's place). The service was folksy as we hoped for. The place was full, but the wait for a table was only about 5-10 minutes.

Was it as good as a Waffle House in Atlanta or Asheville? Close!

And, of course, it's open 24 hours if you're hungry at 3AM.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank EarthlingOnline
Thornton, Colorado
“Ewww”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

If you like to eat in a tiny little table that is very uncomfortable and like to watch all the nasty cooks and waiters and waitress prepare your food within 5 feet of your table and not to mention seems like they are growing flies. Because they ARE EVERYWHERE!!! Landing on the food and landing all over the tables and back in the "kitchen" not really a kitchen just more of an open trailer, with stoves and tables. Then go to the waffle house!! It is gross and small and cheap....you get what you pay for! Eww

• Visited June 2010