“good location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed May 25, 2014

this hotel was good for checking out denver and attending the rockies baseball...........only complaint is that was constantly listening to doors slammed .......hotel needs to fix this problem........other wise was a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
tammis A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We will work on improving the closures on the doors . Come see us again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just had a horrible experience at this hotel this past weekend. First of all, the front desk staff was extremely rude and not helpful. We had family in town for my son's graduation party. I reserved the hotels for family. We reserved rooms at 3 different hotels. Had great experiences at the other 2 nearby hotels. When our family tried to check-in at this Holiday Inn, they would not let them check in because they said their names were not on the guest list. Not true! I have my email confirmation that has them listed. When I talked to the very rude gal on the phone at the front desk, I asked her if she would change the guest list so they could go ahead and check in. She started reading off the names that I had originally reserved the room for. After each name, I told her they were not staying in the room. She told me "if none of them are staying in the room then what do you need it for then?" Of course she said this very snottily!! I told her, in the same tone, that I had a large amount of family in town and I wasn't sure who was going to need the room. I was sooooooo angry at her tone and her statement. When I told her maybe we should just cancel and go to another hotel, she informed me that I would be charged the cancellation fee if I did so (again...snotty). According to her, the only way to resolve the problem was to go there personally. As upset as I was, I don't think she would have wanted to see my face. So I took a few minutes to calm down and called back to speak to the manager. Of course, no manager on duty. I talked to a male this time on the phone and he offered to cancel the room out of my name and put it in my guests name. He (with attitude) said "your guest is going to have to give us his credit card though, he can't use yours". I told him my guest was going to pay for the room with "his credit card" regardless. So after an hour of dealing with this back and forth, my guests finally got checked in. It was a very quick trip for my family. They weren't even sure if they were going to be able to make it for my son's graduation because they were dealing with the aftermath of tornadoes in Nebraska the previous week. Not a good experience for them!!! They said they hardly had any hot water and the hot tub was not hot at all. The free breakfast was horrible. They were only able to stay the one night. Maybe it was best they weren't able to stay longer. My family that stayed at the other two hotels had great experiences. I will not be recommending this hotel to any of my family and friends in the future. Totally unacceptable to have rude front desk staff!! It was none of their business why the guest list changed and what I needed the room for. Keep in mind that there are SEVERAL hotels in this area that are so close that they are within walking distance to each other. Not good for business when there are much better options!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Rochelle W

We are sincerely sorry that you did not experience our normal excellent service. Your review will be used as a training tool for our agents to improve thier service. Once again our apologies for a less than perfect stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Really happy with the location. It's close to dining, shopping, parks, golf, etc. Clean, comfortable rooms and the staff was very accommodating. We stayed right next to the pool an across from the exercise room and we were concerned, but it was quiet. We didn't eat breakfast because we were meeting family, but the selection was great. Our stay was cut short due to weather in the mountains, but next time we come to town, we'll stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for chosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Denver-Thornton for your travel needs and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed here for the State swim meet. We've come up to Thorton several times and stayed at a variety of hotels with some pretty bad experiences. This was not one. This hotel is new, the staff is friendly, rooms are good sized and clean, beds comfy, free breakfast - available early enough for the early morning swimmers, free wifi, modern decor, good location. We arrived early and they let us bring our lunch into the breakfast area, eat and hang out while we waited for our rooms. No complaints. We already have our reservations for the next meet at the end of May!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for you kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I needed to stay at a hotel for one night during a recent move in Thornton and knew this hotel was recently built. Looks and feels brand new. Clean, modern, nicely decorated rooms. Bed was comfortable with nice bedding and lots of pillows. Bathroom was spacious and clean. Check-in/check-out was a breeze. Front desk was friendly. Good breakfast and free parking, free WiFi too. I paid $99 for one night. There's an Applebee's across the street and a new shopping center opening up soon with a Panera Bread, Jamba Juice, steakhouse and other restaurants (should be open May). Overall a very good choice and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BeachBumChris

We're glad you decided on our hotel for your overnight stay and enjoyed your accomodations! We appreciate you chosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suies, Denver-Thornton and hope you will recommend our property to your friends.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Since we arrived late at Denver Airport I just searched for a room with good ratings/amenities for the kids. I got the room at hotwire for what turned out to be not so much under the regular rate (a bit surprising as really a very good hotel). Lobby, elevator, hallways, rooms,baths are all in top shape, or new or renovated. We got a fourth floor room towards the back, the window overlooking a little creek (and ok that adjacent upscale business area).
The night clerk was amazing even offered to close the pool a few minutes later for the kids (we already arrived close to 11pm and it was still open). Breakfast had waffles (yes like everywhere) but also muffins, bagels, healthy!cereal, .

Cons:
I was so impressed that I wanted to know and remembered a little trick I had seen a long time. Checking on top of the mirrors and doors revealed -yes- a thin layer of dust.

Room Tip: checked on 2nd floor as well, looked also new. It's far enough from the street, so all rooms sho...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
tammis A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to reveiw our hotel. Our apologies for the thin layer of dust but the winds have been blowing heavily for the past month. Only by comments from our guests do we know where we are falling short of your expectations and may correct your concerns. See you again soon, our door is always open!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is nice, seems to be fairly new. Rooms are nice, good breakfast. I got this on Priceline for well below the "normal" price. Location: it's in the North part of of the Denver metro area, on I-25 & 120th... Coors field is on 20th Avenue, Pepsi Center and Mile High are around 6th Avenue. LoDo is about the same distance. Free internet. As with all of my posts, I'm not big on paying full price on hotel unless you plan on spending a lot of time in it. I can never see paying more than $75 to sleep. If I were spending a lot of time in it I'd maybe pay it for this place. It had over 50 Direct TV channels with 5 HBOs. Had a pool and hot tub. Happy travels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors. We had one on the bottom.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It is always appreciated when our guests review our hotel, thank you for taking the time. We have been open for one year and are glad you found us on priceline. We are a short drive to the downtown Denver area. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again for sending guests our way.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Candlewood Suites Denver North - Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#16 of 20 in Westminster
Quality Inn & Suites Denver North -Westminster
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North? Share your experiences!