“Better than average, but not by much”

Lone Star Steakhouse
Ranked #98 of 158 Restaurants in Thornton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Location is excellent, right off I-25. Decor is chain. Wife ordered a very nice Strawberry Margarita, however my Strawberry Lemonade was way to watery and after two attempts reordered a Coke. Blooming Onion was a bit too fried, but tasty. Wife a the salmon which was nicely portioned and tasted great. I had a steak/salmon combo which had a better than average sized salmon steak done perfect and a smaller then average sized piece of steak, which was very tasty and cooked just right (Mdm-Rare) with a baked potato. Needed to ask and waited some time to get extras sour cream and butter. Overall the meal was good, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We thought this would be a good opportunity to try out this restaurant for second time, but were rather underwhelmed with our experience. I had the smaller ribeye steak, and that was the best part of the meal. I imagine if you are only going there to eat steak, then it was worth it on my part. My wife had the sirloin special and wasn't pleased with her entree. All of us tried the green beans as a side and were all terribly displeased with the outcome. Luckily the one of the managers happened to check on us and ordered different sides for us right away. Those were prepared perfectly, so, they made up for that. The service seemed to be on the slow side, luckily we weren't in too much of a hurry, but they were at least very friendly when they did show up. I think you would do a bit better at one of the other steak houses nearby.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good food, good service. Typical of other Lonestar locations we have visited. Good location right off the highway.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Two out of four steaks were vastly over cooked! Even on the 2nd try. (???)... Baked Potato was slightly under done and nothing to write home about. The Salad was good. The Dessert Brownie, was tough and chewey. Service was good if not swift and coordinated. The best thing that this store does, is "Turn Tops". Better value and meal would be the, "Outback" (just up the street) and the Texas Roadhouse.. I would rate VALUE as below the two other stores, mentioned. I guess it will be another few years before we try this store again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

First time at this location. Our favorite Lone Star closed, so we are looking for another. This is a nicer lay out for your dining pleasure. You have smaller areas so you are more private with your dining. They offer the sane menu and the wait staff is ready for your every need. Unfortunately the steak my wife ordered was tough and had a lot of grizzle fat . We brought this to our waiters attention and immediately management stepped in to help. We were offered a dessert or a 50% off the price of hersteak which we did accept. The manager said that they are working with a new meat source and stated her sorrow for our experience. We were happy and will try again in the near future.