“Really really not good..”

Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Really really not good..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

Sleep Inn continues to slide. Hallways smelled. Room smelled. Breakfast area was just plain unsanitary. Way below par for any hotel chain. Choice Int'l should be ashamed of most Sleep Inns. Avoid.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank room_surveyor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NEBRASKA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed here because of my sister's baby shower. We were there just to sleep but it was still nasty.

The bed spread had nasty spot but the sheets themselves were clean.

the carpet was a bit worn and not that clean. the window had some nasty stuff on the outside like a coke was thrown at it and when I mentioned it to the front desk person they didn't care. I also explained that although I was at the top floor that the window did not close properly and that there was a gap which allowed cold outside air in. Again no response.

The breakfast is a joke. There are only about 5 tables and all there is some cold cereal and milk in a jub. All of it is very unhygenic everyone using the same jug etc..

Overall a nasty experience. The one thing I would say is that the bathroom was clean and the sheets were clean but the rest of it was nasty.. the rate is good.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank WILLVINO
kcmo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

I was moved 4 times ( carpet was horrible, 1 room had no ac, bugs in the bathroom), pool had a scum layer on it and could not be sanitary, I was double charged and called a liar. What did I get? A refund of $7, now wasn't that big of them??

At what point does customer satisfaction and old fashioned professionalism come into play. Do you know what a sincere apology and at least a half refund would have done?? It wouldn't have gotten him this lousy review. There are a few simple things a motel guest expects and has the right to expect: A decent room (clean straight carpets, no bugs, clean smelling sheets, clean smelling towels, a working tv and a good mattress), a clean pool, helpful honest desk help, an apology when the charge is incorrect, and enough breakfast at the counter to keep the customer from being offended, and most important... When a motel concentrates on the best interests of it's guests, you cannot put a price tag on that. That motel becomes the cream of the crop and it is a joy for the customer to stay. That is not the desire of this motel. The customer seems to be a bother to them. It's as if they have forgotten who is providing their paycheck.

When a bad situation is preventable that is a terrible thing. But when a preventable situation isn't amended, corrected or even compensated for, then there should be impacting repercussions. Please don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank I-no-lie
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

2 night stay.. had I been able to change hotels without losing the cost of a night I would have. it was gross, run down.. maid cleaned our room and took our towels and didn't replace them... (and they were HUNG up, not a wad on the floor).. and to top off our miserable weekend.. we had an elephant upstairs and some person burned his toast at 6am on sunday, fire alarmed the whole ferking hotel. took 2 phone calls and over an hour to get towels and then he only brought me 3 towels (um hello, we have 4 people in the room, and oh yeah, washcloths would be good). The carpet was so worn it was loose and I tripped. (not such a biggie, I am clutzy) but really that is a safety issue. aarrgghhh! I sent in a complaint today and I asked for at least a partial refund. The staff didn't even offer an explanation or apology for our 6 am wake up call. grrr! The bed was very uncomfortable. I could have really used the extra 3 hours of sleep I could have gotten (or tried).

oh and the pool... it was creeptacular.. in the basement, super tiny .. it creeped me out, it was like a horror movie waiting to happen .. mom and kids alone in pool in basement...etc, etc. (cue the dark music).. I am so relieved when my husband made it down
If this hotel was refurbed in 2007, they have really gone downhill or used inferior products. The bathroom sink was full of cracks, carpet worn and loose.

Breakfast was picked over by 9 am and not replenished, the trash bins in the area overflowing so we couldn't even dispose of our trash because it would just fall on the floor. This is while an employee is sitting there watching, although she did bring out more orange juice.

The sheets were clean though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank kcbugzmom
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

Okay, maybe some minor ones. The latch on the dorky sliding bathroom door didn't seem to work and the space in the breakfast area was fairly limited. Unless you're the real picky type, these things won't matter. The room was clean. So were the indoor pool and spa. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. The prairie dog "town" adjacent to the hotel was a bonus. We've stayed here before and would/will again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2007

I had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before and was holding my breath until I arrived. I was in Denver for a 3 day trade show held at the Mechandise Mart and just needed a nearby, clean, quiet place to sleep. What a pleasant surprise.

Yes the rooms are small, I travel alone and managed just fine. I think a couple would be fine for a few days as well. The room was clean and quiet, didn't show much age, and the price was reasonable as well. Look, this is not the Four Seasons, but for a clean, quiet, comfortable place to take a shower and sleep, this can't be beat.

I did love the warm chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon at the front desk. Nice touch.

• Liked — Value and overall appearance
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Don-in-Delaware
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

This hotel, had small clean rooms, but the biggest downside is the very small bathroom with the sliding door, but the rooms were clean. After we left here we went to Molly Browns house in Denver, this was OK. We then headed to Durango, CO.

• Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tencom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#14 of 19 in Westminster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!