“worst hotel that I have stayed at”

Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
colorado
“worst hotel that I have stayed at”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

First i would like to say that I might need to go to the hospital and get a few shots after staying here...
The room that they put us in was in the basement and the ac did not work. i have to enplane to the staff what was going on with the ac set to cold air and hot air coming out....

second i went to get something from the vending machine..... both were out of order.....

When i wanted to take my two kids to the pool that was a bad idea.... there was a turd on the bottom of the pool.... i have the pictures to prove it. they tried to clean the pool with about 5 of the chlorine tablets.......the hot tub was not working at all....

After speaking to the front desk they moved me to the 3rd floor.... not much better other than I could take my shoes off and not feel dirty on the floor....

Doors slamming all night long.

Room Tip: do not stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank michael b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just left this hotel and it wasn't soon enough. The keys to the room didn't function. The lower level side entrance door remained unlocked/pried open throughout the day and night, the carpeting in the room was frayed to the point where you could staple ends were visible and possibly dangerous, the refrigerator didn't work to the point where I plugged it in and could smell the coils starting to heat up, and the overall building (floors, pool, exercise room) is just old and beat up. I wish I had good things to say about this place but the entire experience was awful. The woman working the front desk was friendly once she realized I'd been standing there for a minute waiting for her to acknowledge me.

Writing bad reviews is not an action I make a habit of. I just wanted to put this out there to offer caution. I was in Thornton for a wedding and should have stayed next door at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Lower level is almost basement like. I'd suggest going next door to Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank John H
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is OK at best. Everywhere you look, I get the impression the staff just doesn't really care. For example, during "breakfast", the food and supplies never seem to get restocked. They run out of cups, milk, donuts...and even coffee. In the hotel room, there was a lot of unvacumed crud in the corners and there was no remote control for the TV. And the carpeting had big spots that were worn through. The room is small with a very small bathrom area. The good news was that the beds were comfortable and clean. And it was nice that you could open the windows for some fresh air. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank GoSyncro
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed one night on 3/5/2013. The room was cold and the heating unit did not work. Asked to have it looked at at 4:15p.m. We left for dinner at 6, with no news. When we got back, there was a portable heater waiting to greet us. That wasn't the only thing not working, the TV didn't either, it was all snowy with distorted sound. OK, my wife and I are readers anyway. The next morning I asked my wife if we had two wash clothes. No only one she replied. But, as she sat on her bed she noticed a wash cloth under my bed. It was used by some previous guest and thrown under the bed. I could see crusted yellow something on it. I wanted to fill out a remark card at the check-out desk, but couldn't find any (wonder why). There was no clerk there and I didn't want to spend another minute there. Oh, the room next to us had a yappy dog that we could hear through the very thin walls. Also, my wife went down to the hospitality room a little after 6 a.m., but no coffee was made yet.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Russell B
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had to go to Colorado for a funeral and this Sleep Inn was really close to relatives. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small. The bathrooms are super small. It was clean, but there was an odd smell in our room after the cleaning folks made their rounds. We heard a lot of noise coming from up above us (we were on the third floor). The bed wasn't overly comfortable, but it wasn't horrible. If you sleep in (no pun intended) you will not get breakfast as the other guests had devoured it by 8:00 AM. Either the other guests are very voracious or they don't prepare enough food. Overall it wasn't the worst travel experience I have had. I will never stay here again as I noticed quite a few other hotels on either side of the Sleep Inn that didn't show up on travel websites and I will give them a shot next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank April P
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our experience here was wonderful! The front desk staff was very helpful and accomidating. The room was very clean and the breakfast was good. Tara at the front desk went out of her way to find me a breakfast item I could eat as I am on a carb free diet and allergic to eggs. All in all I would reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2012

excellent staff!! they went out of their way to help us. Tara at the front desk was great!! the rooms are clean and comfortable. Great stay for the price!!! Never stayed here before but would reccomend it!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#12 of 19 in Westminster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!