“gross” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Thornton
Canon City, Colorado, United States
“gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I would never stay at this sleep inn again. It was so gross the room was not clean at all. Bathroom had feces all over it the floors had not been clean stuff in the bed. And the help was no help at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kristin P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I didnt encounter any bed bugs, thank god...but i was greeted by the most friendly staff, they really went out of their way to help me, my room was very clean, smelled very clean. I had a wonderful stay, very comfortable bed, and a nice breakfast. Ill be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kushcron
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Our experience here mirrors many of the other reviews, without the bed bugs (thankfully)! The front desk person was completely unhelpful - gave us no information at checkout other than our room key and directions to our room. We went to check out the pool and hot tub (since that's why we stayed there), only to find people in the hot tub saying don't bother -- it's lukewarm and the jets don't work. The bathroom door (sliding door) didn't latch. The blankets looked about 25 years old. The bathroom faucet was corroded. There were random paint patches on the doors. The people above us were extremely noisy. Breakfast was minimal - no fruit - a couple of trays of coffee cake from the local supermarket with a community margarine tub (can you say health department violation?). The to-go coffee cup lids didn't fit the to-go coffee cups (that's not very helpful then, is it?). And the clincher is that WE WERE CHARGED FOR TWO NIGHTS INSTEAD OF ONE. We were never told when checkout time was and when we disputed it, the response from the manager was that he knocked on our door 3 times to alert us about checkout. Funny that 4 people in one room never heard the knocks on the door, and that we had recently come in and no one had asked us when we were checking out. I first tried to call the hotel to discuss it on the phone, but NO ONE ANSWERED! So, I disputed this through the Choice Hotels customer relations who said that since the hotel was independently owned, they couldn't do anything about the money issue. DON'T STAY HERE - EVER!! I suggested to Choice Hotels customer relations that they need to cut this hotel from their group. Or I need to cut Choice Hotels from places I would ever stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank noway14
McAdoo, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stay far away from this place. I was bitten horrendously by a bed bug infestation. When I called the hotel to explain, no one ever returned my call. When I called customer service I got an ID # and no one ever called me back as promised. When I called to find out the status, they told me a letter was mailed to me and they would have to call a general manager to reveal the contents of said letter. Needless to say, no letter was ever received on my end. Worst travel experience of my life. Definitely NOT worth the few pennies you will save. Cleanliness......F! Customer Service............F! Run-around.................A+!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Deeanddum
Fairfield, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Clean, quiet, affordable and comfortable, would definately stay here again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank katydid0
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I travel on a motorcycle and we need a nice hotel with no problems at the end of the day. I would rather sleep on my motorcycle next time if this was the only hotel to stay at. We stayed one night but were charged for two, the staff member who I believe to be the owners son said he would take care of it but it was on my credit card statement and phone calls to the hotel were not returned by the owner. We booked a nonsmoking room but the room smelled real bad, a cross between heavy smoke and a cleaning agent to mask the smoke. There was also an ashtray with a book of matches on the dresser and cigarette burns everywhere, even in the bathroom. I asked the manager about the smell in the room and it not being a nonsmoking room and he told me not to worry about it. Manager on duty that night was very arrogant and he lied to me, thought my problems were funny. Outdated room and the breakfast room was the size of a postage stamp with very little to eat and not very clean. Side door to parking lot was not working and the hotel was a bad experience all the way around. Next time I will ride right on through the Denver area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard B
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Have stayed for business purposes 3 times. Last time was not nice. Hotel is outdated, staff not friendly, Lobby very small, not taken care of, breakfast room small and not inviting. 11 miles from downtown. Not going to stay there anymore.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#12 of 19 in Westminster
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!