“Not worth the money”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Loveland, Colorado
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We paid $78 for one night here and it was not worth the money. The staff were not particularly friendly or helpful. We had to switch rooms because the AC was not working. Our second room was fairly clean, but small and a bit "tired". The breakfast area is tiny and the selection very limited. The location is good for restaurants and stores just a short walk away. There are lots of hotels in the area, so I'd recommened staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ccfc1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waldport, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you need an inexpensive room this is fine. Walk to restaurants. Small parking lot.

• Stayed May 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

The staff was very hospitable and the room was exceptionally clean (my favorite part of the stay). I was in town for business and was very impressed with the internet speeds at the hotel, it was faster than being at home on my high speed line.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Had to stay in hotel while semi truck was in the shop. Stayed for 5 days. This is not the fanciest hotel but its nice and clean and they are in process of remodeling. Big rooms and lots of restaurants and grocery stores near by.The thing we were impressed with was the staff. Everyone was so nice and even though busy still stopped to chat with you. Anytime there was any problem they were quick to fix it and with a smile. every shift was like this! Very enjoyable stay. I would defiantly stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Rawlins, Wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

first of all when we arrived to check in the front desk clerk was no where to be found!! we had to ring a bell several times.. when she finally arrived she was very rude!!!even though my card was already on file she asked for it again swiped it and told me it was declined.. no was possibe.. i asked her to run it again and it went thru.. faulty card reader maybe?!!?!! when we got up to our room you could tell they hadnt temperature controlled the room.. i found a hair in the sink!!! no extra toiletries in the bathroom!!! the carpet was worn and rolled up and you could tell maintenance hadnt kept the room up...this is unacceptable!!!! we went out to dinner that night and upon our return our keys didnt work.. when we went down to the front desk to have them re-keyed the fd clerk was once againg very rude and seem that she was bothered by having to do her job!!! but the worst was yet to come!! THIS HOTEL IS INFESTED WITH BED BUGS!!! when i mentioned this to a houskeeper the next morning she told me that the owner was aware of this and refused to do anything about it!!! i was forced to speak to the front desk manager about this b/c the general manager was unavailable!!!! she told me she didnt know anything about the situation.. how is that when all of houskeeping was!!! after speaking to her about it i was only partially reimbursed!!!!!! i am shocked!!! how could an owner of any establishment knowingly not do anything!!! never again will my husband and i stay at this hotel!!! i had to got to a doctor to get medication for my bites!! which i had all over my body!!! i had to have my clothes washed before returning home!! and my vehicle detail for fear they would hitch hike home with me!!!! horrible experience!!! one thing i noticed was a diamond plaque on their wall!!! how is that!!???!! i think it was a fake... those ones the companys send out as a sample!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacsnc2000
Hewitt, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

From the outside the hotel is nice, the staff is friendly, however, when I got into my room, I found that there was some blood spots on the sheets of one of the beds, when I asked the front desk clerk for a new set of sheets he said he would bring them up, as time past however I never got them , so, I had to go up to the desk and retrieve them myself. When I went to change the sheets, I discovered hair, underneath the the bottom sheets, and the sheets they sent me didnt fit the bed. Believe it or not it didnt end there, we didnt get enough towels and no shampoo or conditioner either, we had to retrieve everything on our own. I work for a Sleep inn my self and as an employee would never treat a guest this way. I do want to commend the staff, as they were friendly and courtious when we arrived.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank songbird43
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

I had a small black bug crawling on my shoulder while is was sitting up in bed along with the a/c in the room not working and the phone. I was put in another room where the a/c worked and looked free of bugs. Coming back up from breakfast found a bug the size of an eraser head crawling across my bed. I got a tissue to kill it and blood was inside the bug. I took it downstairs and complained. Came back to my room to shower and get ready only to realize that must have been my blood cause I had a bug bite on my lower stomach area by my hip. 1 week later and still no call from the hotel manager Mr Khan......I turned the hotel into Choice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank msrobnsn1018
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#14 of 19 in Westminster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!