“A good night's rest,,,”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Gilbert, Arizona
“A good night's rest,,,”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

After driving 800 miles in one day, this was a easy location to find right off I-25, north Denver area. Wished they had the coffee available for late night arrivals, but not to be. Only thing negative I can say about this location.......long ways to go to get 'ice',,,and the concrete steps and pathways in front of the rooms and all the way to the front office area, need some real cleaning to take place > like power washing the dirt and other materials off.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room.....too many steps to climb.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sparky464

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here one night out of exhaustion/desperation. Found a roach crawling out from the bathroom sink plumbing in the a.m. Showed the dead bug to reception and said the'd notify the cleaning folks but didn't even offer a refund. Gross and disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K S
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, I left a 'fancy' Comfort Suites motel where I felt I was really getting ripped off, and got a room at this Motel 6 just off I-25 in Thornton (at 84th Avenue) for the last day of my trip. I'd decided to go there after reading the recommendations (and I agree that it was a very clean room) of those on TripAdvisor as well as the motel6.com website showing it was a motel with 'all new rooms'. Those 'all new rooms' made me think of 'The Jetsons' when I first saw them in Jackson Hole, WY several years ago. You can see pictures on the mote6.com website.

They'd raised the rates to $49.99 for the holiday Sunday, and when I checked out Monday morning I saw the rate on the sign went down to $45.99 which seems to be their regular rate, The motel6.com website shows there is a 'changed rooms' Motel 6 on Iliff in Aurora, that still seems to be charging $39.99... and I guess I do wonder about the difference (as I've been at that one several years ago and it was fine). Guess someone has to pay for the change in different locations but not all. It is after all the motel chain that keeps advertising rooms for $39.99... Oh well... anyway, don't forget 10% discount for seniors; and I think there's 10% off internet rate on their website, and maybe others.

The dear lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful... and (as it was still before checkout time) I was happy to wait for a room to vacate and be cleaned on the north side of the complex which faced some trees. I found the platform bed comfortable and enjoyed the fresh new look of the place. It was half the size of the small room I had at the 'fancy place', yet I was very comfortable. The morning coffee, ice machines, laundry, pool and vending machines were typical of the Motel 6 offerings. The only thing I'd suggest would be to add a (bolted down) microwave in that vending area, which was something I've seen at several other Motel 6's... and was a REAL convenience at those places.

Yes, being just across the parking lot from a Village Inn restaurant is really convenient; and a Burger King is a block or two to the west on 84th. There's a large shopping area off I-25 on 104th Avenue too, besides being close to Denver and the interchanges on I-25, 36, 270 and 70, etc.

I still wish Motel6 would have decided to include a larger shower (like the capsule shaped ones at Sleep Inns) when they 'changed' their rooms... yet the changes are pleasing.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a bit of an odor as I walked around the motel rooms in the pool area, and the cen...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank maxinerose
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is the first Motel 6 that I have stayed at that was like staying at the Aloft by Starwood or Hotel Indigo by Priority. The rooms or very modern and very comfortable. The location is not that great, but once you get in the room you forget about it. Definitely, a must see. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Jimmy J
Knob Noster, Missouri
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here on our trip to Idaho. We weren't going to stay long and didn't want to spend a fortune but didn't want a dump either. We took a chance with the low rate and it turned out great! The rooms were perfectly clean and beautifully renovated. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. They didn't have a breakfast which was okay since it was only $55 stay but the kind staff directed us to close places to eat. Very pleased and would for sure stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank samantha5287
INDEPENDENCE
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Way above average for a Motel 6! Uber clean, nifty flat-screen tv with full selection of channels. Good water pressure, comfy beds, free coffee in morning, really fast wifi connection (3 bucks for 24 hrs). Right next to the Village Inn, a good breakfast place. Great location on I-25, fast access to downtown Denver area. Can't ask for more for the excellent price -- $41.00!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KCTraveler50Plus
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The staff was friendly, helpful & curtious. The room was nice & clean. My boyfriend & I had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank funsexigirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
#17 of 19 in Westminster
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#16 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Motel 6 Denver Thornton? Share your experiences!