This is a summer (Hiking) trip we took. Stayed in Telluride for about 2 weeks, in July2013, in this Lodge. Short summary: it worked perfectly for our gathering.
The trip: this was a life-time/milestone trip, combined with a scientific conference. Let me not getting into what was the "milestone", suffice to say, we were celebrate life with family.
Note: this is for the lodge, there are separate review for food (AllRed's), the refill stop (Telluride Bottle works -- AKA: wine shop), and grocer (Clark's Market).
The big hikes:
We did a couple of serious hikes:
1. Blue Lake: about 12 miles round trip, 3000 feet elevation
2. Sneffels Highline: about 14 miles circle, 3500 feet elevation
and a bunch of shorter ones.
Why we like it:
This is a fully furnished lodge -- I mean really furnished nicely and feels just like a home away from home. We had a 3 bedroom 2 bath room unit, with washer and dryer; fully equipped kitchen, large frig, and good gas ranger, a decent sized patio; and common use grills (Webber).
The complex has hot tub and (small) pool.
It is setup for a relax and extended stay, especially for us, who are good cook and love a good homemade meal and a few bottles of good wine, after a long day of hiking in the mountains
The complex is next to the Clarks market (separate review), for anything you forget to bring or craving, you can just walk over, without worrying about the pot on the stove.
It is also right off the river trail, you can run, walk, or bike, if you just want to have an easy time.
It is easy to walk to any restaurants and bars, if we are too lazy to cook
It is very reasonable, for what we want to have. Summer time the rate is not as crazy as the peak of the sky season. That will be a different trip.
We did not interact too much with the staff, but a few we did talk to, they are very nice, familiar with the area, and extremely helpful.
Overall, we liked the lodge very much, highly recommended. You cannot go wrong with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest condominium complexes in Telluride, the Telluride Lodge sits on 5 acres of park-like setting with BBQ stations and plenty of grassy areas in the summer. For guests during the winter season – skiing and other activities are close by with lift 7 right across the street. Approximately one-third of the condos are available for Vacation Rental, in sizes from Studio to 3-bedroom. Each apartment has its own individual style, but all are based on a split-level floorplan. Every residence has a full kitchen and living room, wireless internet access, and parking on site (limit one car per unit). In fall 2011, the new hot tub - one outdoor, one indoor - and steam room reopened for residents' use. Just to the north of the complex is a grocery store and visitor center. Just to the south is the San Miguel River and Telluride Ski Area lift #7. And historic downtown Telluride is 5 short blocks away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Telluride Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telluride Hotel Telluride