“Great place for lunch”
Review of Siam's Talay Grill

Siam's Talay Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Siam's Talay Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the most popular restaurants in either town is Siam Telluride and the founder of Siam, Jeff Badger, brings his talents to the Inn at Lost Creek. Siam’s Talay Grille at the Inn is an Asian Seafood Restaurant that also features the most popular of Thai dishes from Siam Telluride. Jeff and his team focus on using the freshest ingredients including fresh fish flown in daily plus a focus on providing exceptional service.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Loved the edible soy wraps and the soups, which were more than enough for lunch, don’t go for a cup of soup, go for the full portion if there are two of you, it is more cost effective!

There are newer reviews for Siam's Talay Grill

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The prices are great - you can try a whole bunch of apps on the après ski menu that come with sake and beer. The bartendress is very attentive and has great recommendations to help navigate the extensive app menu. Some apps were very good, others missed the mark - but at this price it was fun to try the interesting combinations !

Reviewed March 18, 2014

OVERVIEW: Thoroughly disappointed. A lot of things on the menu were hit and miss, and even the best things I tasted were pretty mediocre. The slow service, high price, and attempt at fusion food definitely missed the mark. A shame, just because I love Telluride so much, and this place is in such a fantastic location. I think the original Siam's is better than this place.

First of all, the decor is incredibly tacky and try-hard. With many fountains, multiple buddha statues, beads strung over objects, flowers, plushy exotic pillows, statues, random vases, baubles hanging off of things, the place reeked of inauthenticity. The decor was eclectic and was not in the least bit streamlined. It definitely foreshadowed the type of food to come.

Second of all, the service was INCREDIBLY SLOW. I made a reservation at 6:45, and we weren't seated until 7:00 even though the place wasn't packed. It wasn't until 7:50 did we get our appetizers, and 8:20 til our entrees. The tea had even taken them 15 minutes to get to the table. I had more than drained my class until we had to ask to get our water refilled, which at that point I had already drank a portion of my brother's water too. Our waiter was pretty energetic and passionate, but he also resorted to self-deprecating jokes about the food and service which did not give off a great impression. He hyped up the food so much that it led to even a greater disappointment.

And the most important aspect, the food! The menu consisted of hand rolls, gwa pao (a steamed white dough-y pancake that is then folded so that it may be filled with meat and other things. I am very familiar with these being Asian American), and entrees.

THE APPETIZERS:
The hand rolls are pretty hit and miss. I had ordered a salmon hand roll, and I swear the chef forgot the sauce. The pate and the crispy duck hand rolls were pretty good. The gwa pao were pretty good, pretty standard. I wished for a little bit more balance, complexity, and sweetness however. Their play on some fusion asian chowder was SO incredibly salty. Our table of 7 did not even come close to finishing it. Food being overly salty was a pretty common thread throughout the night.

THE ENTREES:
These were pretty hit and miss as well. My lobster tail came with a pretty great butter sauce but it did tend to overpower the delicate flavor of the lobster. My father and family friend had overcooked proteins. The attempt at fusion indian food consisted of sour, overcooked, dry, and over-cumined chicken. My siblings entrees were just pretty good, nothing spectacular.

THE PRICE:
We ordered enough to be satisfied, but not enough to be completely full. Despite this, the bill ended up to be $300 for 7 people! Definitely more expensive than we had anticipated and exceptionally overpriced for the food we ate.

1  Thank Amy J
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a great experience at Siam's Talay Grill.
Service was excellent, menu was extensive, but our server was extremely helpful in suggesting plates for sharing and giving us a diverse range of options to try.
Fresh fish list was also delicious, particularly the Hamachi!
For all that, the price was actually quite reasonable too, which is always a bonus.

Would definitely go back again the next time we're in Telluride!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Siam Talay is a welcome addition to Mountain Village dining. Located in a cozy hotel locatd above 8500 feet altitude, Siam Talay offers Thai "fusion" with a focus on grilled seafood and healthy fare. The atmosphere is warm and inviting without a trace of attitude. There is comfortable seating, reasonable wine choices, a full bar next door and even live music of the singer-songwriter variety. I think the focus on seafood may get old with time, but it is a bold choice and there is no question that Siam Talay is well worth a visit. Be advised that prices in Mountain Village are steep, but then again, don't forget that you are nestled high in the San Juans and that is a perk unto itself.