“Best burger ever in my 55 years!”
Review of Brown Dog Pizza

Brown Dog Pizza
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was in Telluride during a late April blizzard. Looking to duck in somewhere for a nice lunch and get out of the wind and snow, I found myself outside the Brown Dog Pizza restaurant, where they also serve burgers and other favorites.
On the menu is an item called the PAC burger. Order it now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00. This is the bomb. The burger is stuffed with bleu cheese, roasted red peppers, on a brioche bun and topped with fresh arugula. Spectacular!
Prices are very reasonable. This is a local favorite, evidenced by many people knowing one another upon entering the restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is an extremely popular with the younger and elder locals and it does get loud. There are quieter places close by but they do not match the Dog. Lots of choices but pizza seems to be the favorite. As crowded as it gets, service is affected a bit. Lots of flat screens with all the sports. A great place

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were traveling through the area and saw a review that said the pizza was the world's best. Once there, the menu laid out many great sounding pizzas, often annotated with their achievements in "worlds best" pizza contests. There were so many great sounding pizzas of several different types, we ordered a classic and a Detroit style - and have to say they both were incredibly delicious! Though very different from each other, it would be impossible for us to pick a favorite - especially since the crusts were done to perfection. We not only plan to visit again, we'll go out of our way to visit!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We are from Detroit and it was so good to have real Detroit pizza again. And the other things on the menu are delicious as well. The antipasto salad was very small and not worth the money so next time we'll just have the pizza.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Brown Dog is about the Detroit style pizza. You will be hard pressed to find better pizza than this in Colorado. When I travel to Telluride, Brown Dog is the first place I eat at. The crust on the Detroit pizza is outstanding, and they cook their cheese and pep as perfect as any pizza joint I've eaten. I've been here several times, and only have had the pizza, and I'll get the chicken wings, which I find to be fairly average, maybe a slight step above. the beer selection here is above average, but it's Colorado and frankly I rarely eat at places that don't have a decent beer selection. The overall vibe of the room is heavy sports, with a focus on Michigan, but you'll find other teams/areas supported as well. If you meet the owner, he's a nice guy, an added bonus and typical of the kind people in town. Brown Dog to me is a legendary restaurant and I get excited every time I roll into Telly because I know that pizza awaits!