Review Highlights

Imogene Half a Day with Dave

Reviewed July 30, 2018
h2obug73
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews imogene pass half day trip great trip surplus stories military vehicle ouray blankets driver mines jeep feet adventure knowledge ride safety
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Dave's from South Carolina and has the laconic delivery and personality of someone who doesn't easily get riled. Which is good when you are driving an old Austrian military surplus 4WD up a narrow road. He was entertaining and educational and the trip was excellent. The history around the Smugglers Union and Tomboy mines is truly amazing. Worth doing! I will say, however, that the vehicle has no shock absorbers - it is a BUMPY ride.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Great ride, thoughtful history, awesome stories of the past & felt secure with Dave’s Jeep travel knowledge of Imogene pass. When it started to rain - Dave was well prepared with ponchos and blankets. Opened up and closed Jeep top multiple times to allow comfort without being asked.

Thanks, Dave was overall an awesome experience!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We had planned on taking the train ride from Durango to Silverton, but after a mudslide took out the train track my group of 11 was left with a free day. We last minute called Dave who was super accommodating and got our whole group in for a half day trip up Imogene pass. Dave did not disappoint. He was fun. His stories were great! And he took care with our safety on a stormy day. I would highly recommend his tour to anyone looking for wonderful scenic views, adventure and off the beaten path looksies into the history of the area.

Mary

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We did a half-day (4 hrs) tour with Dave up to the top of Imogene Pass from Telluride. My daughters loved riding in his truck and bouncing all over the place on the bumpy road. Dave shared stories of the Tomboy Mine, other mines in the area and general Telluride/Ouray stories and knowledge. We learned a great deal and had a fun time. I would recommend Dave's Mountain Tours to anyone wanting an adventure!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2017

My husband and I took the tour up Imogene Pass - it was amazing! Clay, our driver, shared some fascinating stories about the mining community on the mountain. The views were INCREDIBLE. And the ride was a ton of fun!! We had such a great time - I am so glad we chose to do this. It was an awesome way to celebrate my hubby's birthday. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Make sure you bring: sunscreen, a jacket, some water AND elevation sickness pills if you have a problem with that. There is a porta-potty at the top for bathroom breaks.

Date of experience: August 2017