“Great time, great adventure, on the via ferrata”

San Juan Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Telluride's Premier Source for Mountain Adventures Based out of Telluride since 1981. We provide the industry's highest quality tours and create comfortable outdoor experiences for people of all ages and abilities. We offer Rock climbing, Ice Climbing, Hiking, Via Ferrata tours, Backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, Tecnical peak assents, camping, backpacking and much much more!
Reviewed July 11, 2014

telluride has one of the few Via Ferratas in the united states. we did the half day trip and it was thrilling and challenging. perfect way for people who aren't climbers to get up into the Mountain and get the experience of being on the rock face. We had a great guide, JC, would was fantastic. if you spend any time in telluride, this is a must do.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did a half day ice climb with Josh. He was a great guide and very knowledgeable. He took us to a fall that wasn't crowded (only two other climbers that left soon after we arrived) which contributed to the experience. My wife is a zero experience climber and Josh made her feel comfortable and she managed to get just under halfway before she came down. I managed 4 climbs on two routes in about 2.5 hours. Could've done more but we were running late bc I left my gloves in my room and we had to turn back.

Don't be afraid of varying experience levels, Josh was great flexing from me to my wife. A great date for adventurous couples. Take a lot of warm clothes, and good gloves. Josh brought snacks and water and provided all the technical gear. Definitely do a full day if you can spring for it.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a great day on the mountain with these guys. I am not a climber but was offered an assortment of climbs with different difficulty. This was safe but very challenging. All 10 of us had a great day. The guides were accommodating to all. So much fun!!!!!