“Amazing Response”

Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: La Cocina de Luz is a counter service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with whole foods/organic style Mexican cuisine. We also provide margaritas, beer and wine, fresh juices, full espresso/coffee service and handmade ice cream. The ambience is casual, festive and family friendly. We have a large patio with gardens and fountains that we share with Caravan middle eastern foods. We accept visa and mastercard!
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch after a long hike. Ordered at the counter and sat down findiing it was warm and asked that the ceiling fan be turned on, the employee said she would ask the owner sitting at the counter, his response was "I am counting my money." As I said amazing!

1  Thank piatty73
There are newer reviews for La Cocina de Luz

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my second time to this restaurant. This time, I ordered their green salad with veggies. The flavor of the dressing was a bit spicy and almost tangy and made a great lunch portion. The staff were all nice and eager to help.

My favorite part was being able to sit outside on a sort of "patio" looking out into the beautiful scenery around. Will definitely return to this Telluride gem.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Order at the counter and have entrée delivered to your table. Nice atmosphere and view outside. GREAT FOOD!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This probably isn't the sort of review that the management had in mind after placing signage at the register that implores customers to share only their favorable impressions of the restaurant on various Web sites, but I would be doing a disservice to the Tripadvisor community if I were not forthright.

It's been a couple of years since I've eaten at La Cocina de Luz. It was morning and the popular breakfast spot down the street was crowded and my mom and I were hungry, so I thought I'd give this place another go. After the whole line-counter-number-table thing, we got situated outside and waited and watched as two tables that ordered after us got served. Frustrating! I was excited when my huevos con machaca finally arrived after following up with the food runner. (For those of you that don't speak Mexican breakfast menu, that's a tantalizing mix of eggs scrambled with shredded beef, green chile, tomatoes, and feta cheese, served with red or green chile sauce).

Given that my tastebuds have nearly always been underwhelmed at La Cocina, I played defense and ordered red AND green chile sauce. The plate looked gorgeous. How could something with this much color not deliver? The moment of truth, and Marvin Hamlisch came to mind: I felt nothing. I was hard pressed to discern which sauce was which. After my aspirational visions of a fabulous barbacoa, the shredded beef represented a missed opportunity, contributing only a periodic stringy interlude to the eggy mass. For a Mexican restaurant, it's not a good sign when the beans stel the show. Poor Telluride, for this is truly food with no soul, no corazón. In the southwest, that's nearly treason.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food was good, but acoustics were terrible. We couldn't even have a conversation it was so noisy. also, rather expensive for Mexican food. A combo plate averaged $17.