“Best Asian restaurant I've been to”
Review of Hongas - CLOSED

Hongas
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spruce Street
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Maybe I'm biased because there's been a dearth of good Asian restaurants in the last two places I've lived, despite what the locals say. We visited Honga's on vacation, so we only have one experience with it, but it was excellent. The atmosphere was upscale, but comfortable, the service excellent, and the food, much of it "handmade" at the restaurant, delicious. The miso soup came with a choice of seasonings; the chili garlic was just perfect. Just the right blend of earthy garlic and spicy chili. The flavor lingered on the tongue after each swallow. The potstickers were to die for. The dough was thick in a homemade pasta kind of way, but not gluteny. The insides were like icing on the cake, tasty and plentiful. I sampled some of the other entrees at the table too. The chicken fried rice light and savory with big chunks of chicken. And a special fish dish cooked perfectly. Everyone was happy. This place is popular. Make a reservation. You might want to get there early to enjoy a cocktail in their very cool, historic bar downstairs. Enjoy!

2  Thank Cynthia R

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I LOVE this place. First you are greeted by Anna who is simply adorable and escorted to your table or sushi bar of choice.
I loved the sushi bar as I am fascinated by their incredible creations!
Very hip place and actually much bigger inside then you can imagine.
I miss them already and will be back!!

1  Thank Magictravelnow
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had walked by and were surprised with the variety of items on the menu. They had sushi, Chinese, Indonesian and more. Interesting specials, too.

1  Thank mikel12323
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The atmosphere was a little upscale, but family friendly and the food was very good. The service could use a little work, maybe our server was new. He didn't clear ANY of our plates throughout the meal, which can be an issue with a small child at the table and once we asked for the check he made us wait so he could clear our plates and take care of another table.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped here after exploring Telluride and are so glad we did. It was very busy- we had no reservation which is a must I guess- but we found a spot at the sushi bar. Had some great sushi and their Fried Rice is the best I have had.

1  Thank MeraldaSue