“Good sushi in Telluride”
Review of Hongas - CLOSED

Hongas
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spruce Street
Reviewed February 5, 2012

First let me recommend the Heaven Hawk sake. We had talked to the bartender when we had a cocktail before dinner and he suggested it. When we ordered it the server said that it was on her do not sell list, because it is not good. We took our chances and loved it! We also liked the rock and roll sushi roll. We had one roll that changes depending on what is on hand that the server recommended and ended up sending it back, just not good. I would try the dynamo next time. The fried bananas dessert was great!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

This restaurant is just average. The food is ok, the service terrible and ridiculous prices - 2 egg rolls for 16 dollars. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We spent a few days in Telluride and Honga's was one of the recommended restaurants to visit. Overall- nice place hip enough for a romantic couples dinner but laid back enough to bring your kids. The food was good- I would say great, but that may be because I had the sushi which while excellent was no better than other places I've been. My husband had the fried rice with pork which was good too. There's not a ton on the menu if you're not into sushi it's asia food people so don't go there expecting to order a steak. On that note, however, there was a steak special the night we were there. It looked good, but couldn't vouch for the taste. I've also heard the pad thai is excellent. Anyhow it was a nice night out but pricey. For our entrees, appetizer, bottle of wine and dessert we spent about 150 not including the tip. So be forewarned. Good food, nice atmosphere, but it's going set you back a few bucks.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

We LOVED this place. We were over on honeymoon from London and ended up going to Hongas FOUR times. There's three different places to sit - our favourite was at the sushi bar persuading the sushi-chefs to add extra jalepenos to our inside-out rolls.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Everything is good here and the seating options are all great. This is one of two locations I always go back to while shredding Telluride's insane terrain.