“Resistant to meeting dietary needs”

Chop House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Street
Transit: From Gondola Station: Walk straight up Oak Street through Elks park and we are straight ahead, right next to the clock tower. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop. Galloping Goose Bus Station: We are 20 feet from the Courthouse Galloping Goose bus stop.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The New Sheridan Chop House in Telluride, Colorado has a good menu and a great atmosphere. Unfortunately I am on a gluten free diet and was met with resistance and rudeness for the two times I have tried the restaurant.

During my first visit I ate dinner at the bar. The bartender checked with the kitchen to find out what was gluten free and was kind and friendly during our conversation. However a few minutes later he brought me a basket of bread.

The next visit was worse. The server was very rude and her first question to me was, "Is this a requirement or a preference?" I was asking a few questions regarding 2 menu items and whether they were gluten free and her response was, "It doesn't have much gluten so it shouldn't hurt you." There was no flexibility - she refused to ask the kitchen if they could grill the fish on the salad rather than fry it in the pistachio/flour mixture.

If you don't have dietary restrictions this is a good restaurant to visit but I wouldn't go there if you have food allergies, dietary restrictions or are a picky eater.

1  Thank edebivort

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved the menu choices. From Elk steaks to 30 day dry aged Bison. Had great service, drinks and food.
Very historic sheridan building with the dining side having been restored. The bar side has been left 90% original according to the bartender. We would love to go back.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in for dinner on 3-19-13. We have eaten here many other times and have never been disappointed. On this night I had the elk loin, which was perfectly cooked and delicious, my husband had a NY strip, also perfect. The other couple dining with us had a filet and the bison, both of which were cooked perfectly and were very good. I had a wonderful cocktail, that unfortunately I don't recall the name of. :-( It was from their cocktail list. Our waiter was attentive and very personable. With dessert I ordered a glass of port, which I accidently turned over almost immediately. They were kind enough to replace it at no additional charge.
We are in Telluride several times each year and always look forward to getting back to the Sheridan Chop House!

1  Thank endosunshine
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a great burger here and my husband had the bison which was delicious. A little pricey for meals but a good place to stop in for a drink as well. Also check out the bar next door.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a really nice dinner at the Chop House. The place is pretty and the service was great. We decided to split one of the 20oz Bone In Ribeyes & added a lobster tail to it so we could try a few other things on the menu and not be overstuffed. That was a great way to go! The salmon tartar was amazing! We also loved the brussell sprouts and the truffle fries. We ordered the wild mushrooms topping, the brandy pepercorn sause and the chimichurri sauce. I loved the brandy sauce. The chimichurri was okay, not the best we have had. The steak flavor was amazing but it was slightly overcooked which for a steak house, was a bit of a disappointment. We asked for medium but it was more medium well, and wasn't evenly cooked. It still tasted delicious though so we didn't make a thing about it. The lobster tail was excellent! I would probably go back again, and I would likely order a fish entree as the lobster was the star of our dinner.
*When you call to make a reservation, ask for one of the corner window tables!!

2  Thank LovinCO