“Something has changed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This year was not the Rustico of the past. Flavor is missing. I've never had a tasteless Caesar salad in my life and Rustico managed to serve one. Perhaps the've gone for size over quality as the place is now huge but the flavorful italian dishes of old are gone. We had Seafood Mare, Pasta Bolognase, and Shrimp Pasta... all lacking flavor like the Caesar salad.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

An over priced touristy sort of place with all of the feel of a cafeteria. Poorly trained staff, yet a wonderful sommelier, lead to a very disappointing $300 plus dinner for two......the food and service worthy of nothing. Flavorless, unseasoned food, dropped by busboys.
In summary...........don't even think about it. But if you do, order a pizza and beer.

2  Thank macrays
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were really looking forward to our dinner at Rustico, had been told it was an outstanding, authentic Italian experience. It's a lovely setting. Our salads were lovely; the focaccia was outstanding and there it ends. My risotto was nice; but at 25 bucks, there should have been more than 3 shrimp. Pizza was unimpressive and the bolognese on gnocchi was terribly dissapointing - not even a fresh herb garnish...in July! No one ever checked back with us and they missed our very emtpy wine glasses 1/2 way through our entrees. Manager never came out to check on the busy patio. We went home without ordering dessert or another round. Bummer. Hostess was disinterested when my husband took the time to let her know our service was horrible. Never again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Most americans do not know good Italian food. This is an example of poor Italian food. The Caprese had hot house tomatoes, the polenta with mushrooms was a diaster and the rissoto with sauage was fair but quickly cooked so lacked the creamiest it deserves. The daily fish special was the worse. The fish was old and previosly frozen. Maybe we shoukd have had the pizza. The one saving grace is that they have a great wine list. Our waiter was good and very pleasant.

1  Thank Chiili
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Arrived and told to wait. Asked how long, Hostess said how am I to know how long it takes people to eat! Should have been my first warning. Waited at bar tried to order bottle of Pinot Grigio, five bottles on list, had none. Should have been second warning. Seated 40 minutes later. Sat for 45 minutes. Started raining, restaurant in total disarray. Asked for management, got owner- He was arrogant and rude. My wife tried to explain our delimma. Owner showed menu which says 1 hour between courses. Wife asked why not posted on door? Owner said serves 60,000 meals a year and didn't need her money. I later discovered he pushed my wife, had I known, owner would be enjoying new dentures! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EAT HERE! ABUSE IS ABUSE!

3  Thank Hungry2013