“Not what I really wanted but great”
Review of 221 South Oak

221 South Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
221 South Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pacific St
Description: 221 is set in a tastefully refurbished historic home nestled in the trees on South Oak Street, just steps from the Gondola. For years, 221 South Oak has been renowned for its intimate atmosphere, incredible food, extensive wine list, friendly service and uncompromising quality. Chef/Owner Eliza serves cuisine classified as Modern Bistro with an eclectic blend of flavors and styles. A mélange of seafood, game and beef, with accompaniments that range from Deep South to Calypso to Classical French to Californian Cuisine to Creole—we call it Eliza’s cooking.221 Offers Off-site Catering You're accustomed to great food at the restaurant, now experience it in your home. Whether it's a dinner party, quiet luncheon or drinks and nibbles, we're here for you. If you're lacking space for a large party, you may rent out 221. A great space for rehearsal dinners, family reunions, and holiday parties.
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Not what I really wanted but great”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The restaurant is quiet and delightful but I really wanted filet mignon. The server convinced me to have the buffalo skirt steak. He was certain that I would love it. NOPE, it was okay but not great.

• Visited December 2013
Jennifer B, General Manager at 221 South Oak, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do offer a fantastic Filet! Here is the description of what we hope that you will come back to 221 to enjoy! Angus Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Polenta,
Grilled Bread Crumb Crusted Haricots Vert with Olive and Pistachio Relish. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy the Buffalo. I hope that you will dine with us again, we would love to prepare the Filet to perfection for you! Again, I appreciate your time and feedback. Look forward to seeing you again.

telluridecolorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food! Romantic Environment! Amazing Chef & Staff!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Telluride, Colorado, Chef Eliza never ceases to amaze me with her creative and distinctive culinary creations! The atmosphere, in an historic Telluride home literally converted to a restaurant years ago, makes for a relaxing atmosphere. The loyal staff are prefect as is the service. Take your honey, take your friends, take the family, impress your business clients or go alone and enjoy the camaraderie of the bar--but do go there when you are in Telluride! Yum!!

• Visited December 2013
Thank you so much for joining us at 221 during the holiday season! Come back and dine again with us soon, it will be our pleasure.
arlington, VA
“Great food and atmosphere; superior service”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Tasty/unique selection of entrees. My first taste of elk...Great service and atmosphere in addition to the food. Hard to get a reservation, so plan ahead. Not sure if they have outdoor seating or some of the other options in the review list. Value unbelieveable on Tuesdays, when a free entree with each paid for entree... (Still worth it at full price.)

• Visited August 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Yummy food, great service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I wish this restaurant was in my home town. The menu had many items I wanted to try. The duck with cherries was sooo good. The service was top notch. Would highly recommend. It is very close to the gondola, so convenient whether you are staying in town or in the mountain village. It is a small restaurant and a bit crowded. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Epicurean Delight”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Did some research and found this place while we were in Telluride. Some comments inevitably are critical of some details , so I was expecting to enjoy but not be absolutely bowled over. However,our experience was close to perfection from start to finish. Our server was professional and very friendly. The atmosphere is perfect for us-beautiful artwork on the walls and comfortable seating. The food was excellent. As I'm somewhat adept in the kitchen, I know how much work went into all of the dishes. My husband and I had an amazing time.

• Visited September 2013