“Still Good and Small”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 221 South Oak

221 South Oak
Reserve with OpenTable
221 South Oak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pacific St
Description: 221 is set in a tastefully refurbished historic home nestled in the trees on South Oak Street, just steps from the Gondola. For years, 221 South Oak has been renowned for its intimate atmosphere, incredible food, extensive wine list, friendly service and uncompromising quality. Chef/Owner Eliza serves cuisine classified as Modern Bistro with an eclectic blend of flavors and styles. A mélange of seafood, game and beef, with accompaniments that range from Deep South to Calypso to Classical French to Californian Cuisine to Creole—we call it Eliza’s cooking.221 Offers Off-site Catering You're accustomed to great food at the restaurant, now experience it in your home. Whether it's a dinner party, quiet luncheon or drinks and nibbles, we're here for you. If you're lacking space for a large party, you may rent out 221. A great space for rehearsal dinners, family reunions, and holiday parties.
nashville tennessee
“Still Good and Small”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This small restaurant in an old house was our favorite place when we were in Telluride several years ago and was again this trip. Everyone was friendly. The waiter was interested and knowledgeable about both their menu and their wine list. The menu is varied and interesting. The food was well prepared and just different enough to set the restaurant apart.

• Visited August 2012

San Mateo, CA
“Excellent Dinner....Service OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a dinner reservation and was warmly greeted by the host. We waited a few minutes and taken to our table. The restaurant patrons were a mix of tourists and locals. Our dinner was delicious. We had an incredible salad which we shared. My husband had the trout that came with 3 large fantastic raviolis. He said it was his best meal on our 10 days trip. I ordered the gumbo appetizer for dinner - fantastic. What was a miss for us was the service. Yes she was very efficient but she was as cold as an ice cube. I expect more from a waitress in a higher end restaurant. On our way out, the host asked how dinner was. I shared with him the positive on food and wine and negative on our waitress. He didn't seem surprised but did say he would speak with her. Hopefully he did as this should of been a 5 star experience.

1 Thank MKtravelers19
Denver
“Service was great, food was just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I went here on our anniversary while visiting Telluride. We were between Cosmopolitan and here due to reading reviews on here and talking to the locals. We went on a Friday night and did not have a reservation. We did have to wait about 20 minutes to be sat, which was not bad. The hotel had told us that it was the off-season and not to worry about reservations. But, on Friday nights through the weekend, it may be a good idea. The service was great...everyone was very friendly and helpful with menu selections. I got the salmon which was ok. It was a bit undercooked and not great flavor. My husband got the pork tenderloin which was very tender and had great flavor. The portions are very small and you need an appetizer/salad before for sure. The bar and wine selections are great! We just thought it was ok for an expensive meal and would probably not recommend it, since there seem to be other options in Telluride.

Kearney, Nebraska
“One of my wife's "top ten"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Rated very highly by Trip Advisor, we had to check it out. Looks like a pretty ordinary house from the out side, but inside, it is a hip place, with a great menue, wait staff and bar. From chiopino, to elk, to lamb, to steak: all were top notch and it made up for the fact that I ate with my brother.
if you go, enjoy, and take my brother, Please!

Visited September 2012
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent food in a warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food was excellent in this lovely small restaurant. The ambiance was enhanced by the artwork. I had the Colorado bass and my husband had the trout. Both were delicious. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Boston59_10