“Horrible ownership/service”
Review of Appaloosa Cafe - CLOSED

Appaloosa Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2013

One of the worst restaurant experiences ever. Food was terrible, came out late, tasted worse and service was bad. We checked out their retail section and met the owner Mike. Talk about rude. Very arrogant, has an ego that is not deserved. Didn't buy anything, it was mostly junk.

4  Thank Shane F

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I didn't listen to the previous reviews and I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was super friendly, and the food was mouth watering. I went for lunch so prices were cheaper than lunch and they weren't busy like a dinner crowd usually is. I almost licked the plate it was so good seriously. The atmosphere was very laid back . . . Just my speed!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were starving and thought this looked good. Started out promising - good salads and great wings... Dinner was terrible! The steak was thin and over done. The "fresh veggies" were far from it and a couple were hard to identify. The Salmon was equally overdone.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have passed by this restaurant a lot and always thought it looked interesting. The atmosphere is nice ...cafe and western shop. The food was good, but a bit over priced for the quality and experience. The service was fair ...had to ask for everything ...refills, sweetener, "go" boxes ...it wasn't terrible, just inattentive.

There are definitely better options in Telluride.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in search for a place to eat and have a cocktail while visiting Telluride. It was 2p there were only 2 filled tables in the entire place. We had a party of 11. Instantly the hostess seemed overwhelmed and went and chit chatted with the Bar Manager. We went to go sit in the Patio. Again they seemed very overwhelmed by our large party. We felt so unwelcome that we just walked out. I don't know who would turn away business like that. We were ready to eat and drink and enjoy ourselves. Our server and the restaurant as a whole lost out on a lot of money that day.