Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Exceeded Expectations!

Our expectation for our two tours with this adventure company was high and after completing Imogene... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
RoseDew
Red Lion, PA
Recommended if you're in Telluride

My husband and I took a 2 hour trip to Tomboy with Herb and his dog Rocky. Herb lives in Telluride... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
BrendaP
Indiana

All reviews co pilot black bear pass off road his knowledge imogene pass swiss army expert driver hour tour bridal veil falls great tour pickup truck waterfall adventure bumpy ride wear layers amazing adventure excellent driver driving skills
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have lived in Telluride going on 3 years. My parents were visiting and we really wanted to show them the area. Herb's was the first place we called. With the most awesome vehicles, his driving amazing skills, sense of humor and knowledge of the area, we had a trip of a lifetime. We went up Ophir Pass and came back through Blackbear Pass. We felt safe the whole time in the Swiss Pinzguaers. Telluride Offroad Adventure is a must do for locals and visitors alike. He made my parents feel special and welcome. Even Rocky the dog was fun to watch on the trip! Great time, Great Trip, Great Company!

3  Thank Kyle S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our trip through Black Bear Pass with expert guide Herb was AWESOME! I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to going through passes but Herb's 20+ years of experience in the mountains was very comforting. Telluride Offroad's trucks are perfect for the terrain; very strong and sturdy. He knew all of the great places to snap breathtaking photos and interesting history of all the sites.

3  Thank SLKmke
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Everything on this tour is 1st class! From the very beginning it becomes evident that our tour guide was doing everything to ensure our safety and comfort. The Swiss Army Pinzgauers they use ensure a very comfortable ride while taking you through some incredibly difficult terrain(we did Black Bear Pass). These vehicles are far superior to the pick up trucks some of the other 4x4 guides use. Our guide demonstrated his extensive knowledge throughout the tour making the experience that much more enjoyable. Strongly recommend this tour!

2  Thank PapaPolska
Reviewed July 3, 2013

wow I love the outdoors and history.. but our guide -- Herb Manning --- he lives it!!! My wife and I found the trip simply awesome. from the greetings to the bye bye. The truck was in excellent shape and captured the professionalism of the organization. the entire trip was breath taking but two things will always stick with me. 1) the elk grazing at 12,000 ft... omg!!!! 2) the "dead" tree that has not changed in some 110 years. I came off the mountain on a "high" -- thanks Herb and team. your other trips are now on my bucket list!!!! Joe B

2  Thank Joe W
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was one of the best tours we have taken. Our tour guide, Herb, was amazing. He was on time picking us up and very courteous. His companion. Rocky, was an amazing and friendly co-pilot. The vehicle was out of this world; well maintained, strong and sturdy. He provided us with blankets, sunscreen and water.

We took the Ophir and Black Bear passes which had just open. It was a thrilling and exhilarating experience. Scary at times as there are really no paved roads once you exit the highway and at times it feels that you are running out of road or that the road was disappearing and you were about to fall of the cliff. Combined that with being 12,000+ feet high and this was one of the best, any type of tour we have taken in a very long time if not the best. Herb was very informative in giving the history of this gorgeous area. This is truly God's country.

We strongly recommend Herb and Telluride Off Road for any 4x4 tour while in Telluride. Big bang for your buck and a very friendly, enthusiastic and informative guide.

The Navanis and The Rasheeds