“Food was great, owner/chef attentive, server was lacking in professionalism and skills”
Review of Flavor Telluride - CLOSED

Flavor Telluride
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbia
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

First comment from waitress was "here's the drink list, the most important part of the night". Although, I like good wine, sending 30-40$ on a plate of food should be the most important. She was very rough around the edges for a menu as high as the one sat in front of us. Sad to say, but many more moments more like a smoke filled diner in a small town. The chef's food is too good for that, and hopefully that has been fixed.

There are newer reviews for Flavor Telluride

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The mussels here are amazing, as is anything else that you decide to get. I had the Scallops and they were great--on a bed of sweet potato mash I believe. Also, the Tomahawk steak that they have on special sometimes is a great way to share a huge huge steak. Very worth it, and good atmosphere too.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Flavor is just up Oak Street from the gondola. I decided to walk in after reading the reviews and passing the place several times over the course of a several trip to Telluride.

What a quaint, friendly place! I would recommend reservations as I ended up eating in the small lounge on the side of the restaurant. If your are looking for a quiet evening, this may not be the place due to acoustics of small room and hardwood floors ...particularly on a busy night. In the summer, the prize tables are outside where you can people watch as folks make their way from Main Street and the Gondola.

The food was tasty and well proportioned. It had a good presentation and the Kobe rib eye melted in my mouth.

Service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We made a reservation (which we didn't need since it was really empty) and when we arrived were warmly greeted. We heard (from a local) that this is a newer place. My co-diner and I both chose the kobe steak. All I can say is YUM!!! Probably the tastiest steak I've had in a while. The sides that came with it-truffle mashed potatoes and asparagus were equally delicious. We shared the pumpkin chiffon pie, which our server deemed the best dessert they have. We totally agreed with her on how good it was. Hope you get more diners here, it's a great little place.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I, who both live in Telluride, decided to go out to dinner one evening and picked Flavor, it was our first dining experience there. We are both avid foodies and work in customer service oriented fields, so I would call us very particular. We had an amazing dinner with great service. Everything was prepared perfectly and plated nicely. They were down a server that evening, but recovered remarkably. I am not normally a reviewer, but felt that locals and visitors alike need to know about this little gem in our town. The combination of service and quality of food definitely are the best in Telluride right now.

1  Thank Blr_1115