“Telluride's Overall Top Hotel”

The Hotel Telluride
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The Hotel Telluride has been my first choice in Telluride for 10 years. The hotel is conviently located both to the town and skiing. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet with excellent cleaning service. Outstanding buffet and individual breakfasts are served every morning as well as a gourmet menu throughtout the day for lunch and dinner. The most positive review that I can provide is for the outstanding hotel staff - extremely professional, courteous and polite and always striving to make every effort to make your stay special!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Telluride

Reviewed January 11, 2011

The Hotel Telluride has a wonderful staff that provides best in class service. Their Bistro has the best breakfast in the entire town and the rooms are very clean and way above comfortable. Being right in town, it was a short walk to shopping, restaurants and the gondola that transports you up the mountain (for free). This is my favorite "small luxury hotel" in all my travels. The staff will do about anything possible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. I will definitely return again when I visit Telluride

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel Telluride thinking this was the place to be in this cool but shamefully overpriced town. The room was so average I thought surely we were in the wrong room. First of all, the amazing beds they describe are not comfortable and slanted. At a Best Western you get two queens, here you get two doubles that are crap. Second, the rooms are just small and for nearly 400 a night I mean come on they should be huge, they're not. Third, the heating system isn't even temperature controlled so you have to keep fiddling with it to stay warm. Yes the service is nice, but really should you have to pay an extra $200 a night for people to be nice?? An buy the way the bartenders were not friendly at all and kind of arrogant in pretending you aren't even there. Breakfast is also ordinary as many guests went to Maggies, which tells you something right. This hotel should cost about $140 a night not 385, the old saying "you get what you pay for" certainly doesn't apply here, skip it unless you enjoy wasting money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank wheelroof
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Telluride for 6 nights over the holidays with 2 young boys (4 and 5). Found the hotel to be very nice, service was excellent...front desk and the shuttle drivers. I thinkg this would be a great hotel for couples, but for family...the rooms are way too small. In future visits to Telluride, with a family, I will choose a condo/2 bedroom option. A few notes: many of the nights we were there, they did not do turn down service (350 night, would think this would be done)...also housekeeping did not sweep the floors a few of the days, bathtub did not drain, and my number one issue is that the heater is manual and we could never get the right tempature set in the room. In summary, great service at this hotel, but rooms are on the level of a Hilton Garden Inn. This was our first trip to Telluride, so I cannot tell you how it compares to other hotels in town, but would explore other options in the future....mainly because we need more space. One other note, they hae a great happy hour (Jeb is the bartender). They had a few other bartenders on other nights that were not very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We selected this hotel based on other good Trip Advisor reviews, but were quite disappointed in the hotel, which appears to need updating. I know that Telluride is expensive, but for the price, I thought the service, decor, and amenities would be better. The photos on their web site look much more elegant than it actually is. The hotel is close to the restaurants and shops of the town of Telluride, which is nice. The hotel's shuttle drivers are courteous (it's a free service to bring you to the ski gondola or other spots around town). When we checked into the room, the first thing I saw was a noticeable stain on the comforter, which of course turned me off. The restaurant is tiny & the servers are not very friendly. The underground parking is a good thing in winter, but you're charged $15.

Reviewed December 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent a lovely few days at The Hotel Telluride this fall. It was the slow season in Telluride so we had the hotel mostly to ourselves. The hotel was everything we wanted it to be. It was beautiful, clean, comfortable, convenient to everything in Telluride, and we felt very welcome there. The room was spacious with a nice balcony and a kitchenette area. The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff at the front desk were beyond wonderful. I can't wait to go back - in part to see the people we met who worked there. They were great. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Talk about fantastic service. This little hotel at the end of town has the friendliest and most accomodating staff I have experienced in quite some time. When I called to confirm my reservation the morning we were arriving, they knew my name and had already picked out a perfect room for us. As far as the room, it would have been nice if it had a more modern television, flat screen would have been nice. Also, why did I have to pay $2.50 for a bottle of water in the room? We were disappointed in the morning that they were not offering their breakfast buffet which I had read about and was really looking forward to. We did order a hot breakfast off the menu both mornings and they were delicious. Try their whole wheat pancakes with eggs and bacon. The coffee was good too. We walked to town which took five minutes and had fun on Noel night where all the stores offer discounts and Santa rides by to greet the children on a fire truck. We spent some time reading by the fireplace in the lobby which was cozy. Would definitely say at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Victorian Inn
#3 of 11 in Telluride
Madeline Hotel and Residences
Madeline Hotel and Residences
#2 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!