“I love The Hotel Telluride!”

The Hotel Telluride
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersSilver level
Evergreen, Colorado
“I love The Hotel Telluride!”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent a lovely few days at The Hotel Telluride this fall. It was the slow season in Telluride so we had the hotel mostly to ourselves. The hotel was everything we wanted it to be. It was beautiful, clean, comfortable, convenient to everything in Telluride, and we felt very welcome there. The room was spacious with a nice balcony and a kitchenette area. The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff at the front desk were beyond wonderful. I can't wait to go back - in part to see the people we met who worked there. They were great. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
California
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Talk about fantastic service. This little hotel at the end of town has the friendliest and most accomodating staff I have experienced in quite some time. When I called to confirm my reservation the morning we were arriving, they knew my name and had already picked out a perfect room for us. As far as the room, it would have been nice if it had a more modern television, flat screen would have been nice. Also, why did I have to pay $2.50 for a bottle of water in the room? We were disappointed in the morning that they were not offering their breakfast buffet which I had read about and was really looking forward to. We did order a hot breakfast off the menu both mornings and they were delicious. Try their whole wheat pancakes with eggs and bacon. The coffee was good too. We walked to town which took five minutes and had fun on Noel night where all the stores offer discounts and Santa rides by to greet the children on a fire truck. We spent some time reading by the fireplace in the lobby which was cozy. Would definitely say at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed here for our spring break ski trip March 2010 and found the hotel was perfect for our needs. It was comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The lobby had a comfy lodge feel with fireplace and comfy couches and they offered complimentary warm drinks and cookies that was a perfect touch when returning from a day on the slopes. The bar was great for us to meet up with friends late in the afternoon and they offer a specially opened wine choice of the day. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the base of the mountain or you can simply catch the town's complimentary Galloping Goose shuttle service all around town. The room faced the mountain which offered great views and wonderful morning sunshine. I loved the deck with two chairs and tables and was surrounded by beautiful snow covered pine trees. I found it somewhat diappointing they would not allow you to sit on your deck and enjoy some wine or your favorite beverage. It was a perfect location with a mini market just a short walk across the street and you could bring back your groceries to the room and have all the comforts of a mini kitchen. This was great for whatever food service your family needs, early morning breakfast, sandwiches or a late night snack. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, glasses, and offered refrigerator and microwave.
They also offer underground parking which is a plus in Telluride where parking is scarce, however we were fortunate to find parking on the street for no charge. Seems everything in Telluride is nearby so the short walk to the restaurants was welcomed or as I said just ride the "Goose." I definitely recommend you consider this hotel. I did notice they offer condo sales for those who want to purchase. My family skiied and I spent more time in the room and hiking around town so I loved the mountain view and would watch the snow falling on the mountain and then clear several times. We also enjoyed time in the hot tub which was welcoming to tired skiers.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Corinne D
Marietta, GA.
Reviewed October 7, 2010

They say this is the #1 hotel in Telluride and now I know why. We stayed here 2 nights at the conclusion of a 10 day trip to view the changing Aspens in CO.
While the hotel physically is beautiful, cozy and charming it was the attitudes and service of the staff that really set it apart. Good service is so hard to find nowadays but it can really make your vacation truely a vacation!
From the moment we arrived the staff were cheerful and welcoming. This included the bellman, the people at the front desk, the driver of the free shuttle to take you into town, and everyone we came into contact with.
Not only was our every need attended to but they actually seemed happy to do it and to care if we were satisfied. One of the perks were special pillows for front, back or side sleepers. I am a side sleeper and they brought one right up. I was in love!! I wanted to take the pillow home. Best sleep I have had in a long time. I asked how I could buy one. The person in charge was off that day and I planned on calling him when I got back home to GA. Imagine my surprise when he called me and gave me the info I needed.
Besides complimentary ice tea and coffee in the lobby they bake chocolate chip cookies to eat in front of the fire. They have complmentary bikes to ride and fast computers in the Business center.
Two other couples we know were staying nearby. We met at our Hotel Telluride and both agreed next time they were staying there. The shuttle driver even brought them back from town with us so the could leave their cars parked at the hotel.
There are alot of beautiful hotels in Telluride but this one offered something pricless..happy employees who went out of there way every day to make our stay special! And it was...we will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Seems to be slipping a bit since it went condo. Outrageous pet fee! Some rooms looking a little worn around the edges. We were shown a room which had a faint mildew odor. Took another room. Beautiful public spaces. Excellent breakfast in Bistro Restaurant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. They were great to both the humans and the canines. The room was great. The view of the mountains was great. The food in the restaurant was the best. Even if you don't stay here, eat here. The location was just a few blocks from the main part of town and nice and quiet. All of the employees were great. Not one person had an attitude. It made our trip a memorable experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed 3 nights in August. I don't know if we caught a rate sale or what, but the price was lower than the other hotels in Telluride. Service level was very high. Basement self-parking works really well in a town in which parking can be difficult. Breakfast was above average for a breakfast-included hotel. Don't know how easy it is to use for skiing, but it's a good base for summer activities.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sdallasesq
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Victorian Inn
#2 of 11 in Telluride
New Sheridan Hotel
New Sheridan Hotel
#3 of 11 in Telluride

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!