WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethesda, Maryland
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

As a first time, solo visitor to Telluride, the Hotel Telluride was instrumental in providing me a terrific start to an awesome eight night stay. I would highly recommend the hotel to travelers who expect conistent, exceptional service that contributes to a pleasurable and relaxing resort experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just got back from Telluride and one of the best family ski vacations ever! Hotel Telluride was like something out of a dream! Upon arriving we were quick to notice that every inch of the lobby is decorated to welcome us. Hot apple cider is served all day along with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! A huge fireplace is flanked with beautifully decorated seating areas. My 14 and 12 year old girls went straight for a chess set nicely situated by the fire. All weekend we took advantage of the luxurious transportation provided by the hotel. They arrived within minutes of the ski slopes and restaurants we ventured to. Extremely friendly hotel staff made sure our every need was taken care of in a timely and helpful manner. Our room was appointed with slippers and fluffy bathrobes which came in handy when getting in and out of the hot tub after a long day of skiing. Our only disappointment was the beds. They were too small and uncomfortable. That being said, even if they never change the beds I would stay at Hotel Telluride again seeing as the overall experience with this hotel was excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We always stay here when we come to Telluride because of the great location and usually they have some sort of deal on the rates. Of course you always have to take their quote and add the compulsory 20% room tax! But the rooms are clean and good-sized and the breakfast buffet is excellent. (Except when one chef calls in sick!). My only recommendation is they should upgrade their mattresses. Their beds are fairly hard.

• Stayed February 2013
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our first trip to Telluride and we Had a great time and enjoyed the hotel! Really enjoyed the fact that the hotel and Telluride are pet friendly. We even took the dogs on the gondola. The hotel staff treated our four legged children like all of the other children and really went out of their way to make us feel at home. Can't wait to go back for the summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

For over two decades Telluride has been almost an annual summer vacation. When I first visited, the overwhelming friendliness of the locals matched the magnificence of the mountains. Telluride has developed for better or worse. The Hotel Telluride's service and staff are reminiscent of the town's amiability. They take pride in their hotel, the splendor of the natural surroundings and are willing to include the guest in the experience; if only for a day or a longer stay.

The hotel's charm can off set some of the wear and tear of it's 15 + years. There's a need for updating some of the rooms but it's understandable with such an active clientele for both summer and winter activities how easily rooms can get run down. Although they always seem to be immediately on top of any maintenance request. The little restaurant has a wonderful and simple menu. When my family and I are too tired to go out at night after a day of hiking the restaurant is just perfect. The breakfasts are excellent. There is a shuttle to run guests basically up the street to the shops and restaurant and pick them up.

The hotel is welcoming to dogs. Amazingly the dogs all well behaved guests. Usually like their owners they are exhausted after a day of hiking too.

I have stayed at other Telluride hotels and rentals but even if trying some other accommodation I will book some of the time at The Hotel Telluride which never fails my expectations.

Room Tip: If you don't travel with a dog, request the floor that is without dogs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Telluride123, Director of Sales at The Hotel Telluride, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review Karin! We are so happy to consistently be your option when visiting the lovely town of Telluride. Our repeat guests are very important to us!
We are also excited to be freshening up the guest rooms & corridors this April with new carpet and a whole new bedding package, so on your next visit, The Hotel Telluride will have a whole new look to impress you with! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying The Nook during your stay, we are really striving to perfect our service and food to meet our guests' expectations.
And don't forget, we would love photos and a small line on your pet to post on our Furry Friends Blog. You can email to me at : aacosta@destinationhotels.com

We look forward to having you back with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed here twice, both times for hiking and the summer Blues festival. The rooms and lobby are very nice. The staff is great and the free shuttle is nice. The hotel definitely increases my enjoyment of Telluride. Posting my review a few months after my stay because I am trying to get there for some skiing and will definitely stay at The Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to over 75 ski resorts around the world. The Hotel Telluride is without question, my “ favorite ski hotel in the USA “, hands down!
All the staff were excellent ! But some especially stood out. “ Christa” and " Merry Mac ",at the registration desk, were phenomenal! Their genuine care and concern for every guest was abundantly evident ! Then " Jim ",one of the drivers, was also truly kind, considerate and ALWAYS upbeat ! My suggestion to the hotel ? Hold on to employees ! ( like these three)
For the final day of my stay, the hotel staff had a scheduling conflict. Since I was skiing on the mountain, Sandy Smith and Victor , moved all of my items, in my room to another room. When I came to the new room, to my surprise, they had taken the time, to put EVERY SINGLE ITEM, from the old room, in the EXACT SAME LOCATION, in the new room. I was shocked at the precision and care that they showed ! This is WHERE YOU SHOULD STAY!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CARL G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Inn at Lost Creek
#1 of 7 in Mountain Village
New Sheridan Hotel
New Sheridan Hotel
#3 of 11 in Telluride

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!