“Capturing the Authentic Spirit of Telluride”

The Hotel Telluride
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southern California
“Capturing the Authentic Spirit of Telluride”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

For over two decades Telluride has been almost an annual summer vacation. When I first visited, the overwhelming friendliness of the locals matched the magnificence of the mountains. Telluride has developed for better or worse. The Hotel Telluride's service and staff are reminiscent of the town's amiability. They take pride in their hotel, the splendor of the natural surroundings and are willing to include the guest in the experience; if only for a day or a longer stay.

The hotel's charm can off set some of the wear and tear of it's 15 + years. There's a need for updating some of the rooms but it's understandable with such an active clientele for both summer and winter activities how easily rooms can get run down. Although they always seem to be immediately on top of any maintenance request. The little restaurant has a wonderful and simple menu. When my family and I are too tired to go out at night after a day of hiking the restaurant is just perfect. The breakfasts are excellent. There is a shuttle to run guests basically up the street to the shops and restaurant and pick them up.

The hotel is welcoming to dogs. Amazingly the dogs all well behaved guests. Usually like their owners they are exhausted after a day of hiking too.

I have stayed at other Telluride hotels and rentals but even if trying some other accommodation I will book some of the time at The Hotel Telluride which never fails my expectations.

Room Tip: If you don't travel with a dog, request the floor that is without dogs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Telluride123, Director of Sales at The Hotel Telluride, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review Karin! We are so happy to consistently be your option when visiting the lovely town of Telluride. Our repeat guests are very important to us!
We are also excited to be freshening up the guest rooms & corridors this April with new carpet and a whole new bedding package, so on your next visit, The Hotel Telluride will have a whole new look to impress you with! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying The Nook during your stay, we are really striving to perfect our service and food to meet our guests' expectations.
And don't forget, we would love photos and a small line on your pet to post on our Furry Friends Blog. You can email to me at : aacosta@destinationhotels.com

We look forward to having you back with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed here twice, both times for hiking and the summer Blues festival. The rooms and lobby are very nice. The staff is great and the free shuttle is nice. The hotel definitely increases my enjoyment of Telluride. Posting my review a few months after my stay because I am trying to get there for some skiing and will definitely stay at The Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to over 75 ski resorts around the world. The Hotel Telluride is without question, my “ favorite ski hotel in the USA “, hands down!
All the staff were excellent ! But some especially stood out. “ Christa” and " Merry Mac ",at the registration desk, were phenomenal! Their genuine care and concern for every guest was abundantly evident ! Then " Jim ",one of the drivers, was also truly kind, considerate and ALWAYS upbeat ! My suggestion to the hotel ? Hold on to employees ! ( like these three)
For the final day of my stay, the hotel staff had a scheduling conflict. Since I was skiing on the mountain, Sandy Smith and Victor , moved all of my items, in my room to another room. When I came to the new room, to my surprise, they had taken the time, to put EVERY SINGLE ITEM, from the old room, in the EXACT SAME LOCATION, in the new room. I was shocked at the precision and care that they showed ! This is WHERE YOU SHOULD STAY!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CARL G
Richardson
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The service is outstanding and starts the moment you make your reservation.The entire staff is outstanding.The ambiance is fantastic and the location is great. We found the food in the Nook to be very underrated. They don't have a large menu but what they have is very well done .
There is just a very friendly vibe going on. After a couple of days, you feel as if you've known the staff and even a lot of the patrons all your life. I would highly recommend The Hotel Telluride to anyone regardless of the time of year their visit was scheduled.

Room Tip: I personally don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a great time at the hotel! Loved the ambience and the staff. Mary Mac at the front desk even loaned me some long underwear for the dog sled ride. (I forgot mine.) Now that is going above and beyond. The recommendation for the dog sled adventure could not have been better. The spa treatments were wonderful as well. The valet was attentive and always on time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ft collins
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel Telluride feels like the old Telluride I remember from the 1980's. The mountain decor feels like the old west and the 1st class service made me feel appreciated and well taken care of. We came as a family with 3 teenage children and our dog Harvey. Harvey got the royal treatment and I felt pampered even though the dog came to the hotel with us. Hotel Telluride excels in service and genuine demeanor of the helpful staff makes a vacation magical! Oh... Say hi to Sam and Shelly and you'll get super service with a smile.... A rare find!
Suzy Christensen

Room Tip: Room 304 has great energy. Sun on the private deck in the morning makes nice place to have coffee.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Telluride123, Director of Sales at The Hotel Telluride, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for YOUR spectacular review, your feed back means a lot to us.

We would love to feature Harvey on our pet blog! If you would like to send us a photo and a line about what Harvey enjoyed most about Telluride, I would be more than happy to post it on our Furry Friend Blog:

After it is posted, we will credit $25.00 back to your pet fee!

We so enjoyed having you and your entire family and hope to have you back with us very very soon.
Houston, TX
Reviewed February 3, 2013

First of all, I accidently booked my stay at the hotel a day shorter than what I had meant. After coming back from skiing around 330p, the front desk got in touch with me. They were able to move us into the exact same kind of room at the same discounted rate we got through Trip Advisor. The new room actually was a little nicer in that it had an extra window so some extra light.

The location is good, but not great. In all reality though, the shuttle more than makes up for it AND it's actually no more than 3-7 minutes walk to most restaurants and bars in town.

The accommodations themselves were very nice and clean. The lobby is cozy, and they had a pretty steady stream of cookies,tea, hot chocolate, etc.

The food from the Nook was probably the weak spot. It's not bad at all. It's just mediocre and stood out as compared to the high levels of service and accommodations.

Overall, it's a really nice boutique kind of hotel in a great town. It's also a great value if you shop around for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Telluride123, Director of Sales at The Hotel Telluride, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great rating. Your comments mean a lot to us and we are glad that your trip, room, and ski day all worked out for the best in the end. We value the quiet location on the end of town, and try our best to have our guest see its advantages as well! Our shuttle drivers are really fantastic about getting people to /from where they need to be if they aren’t up for the short walk. Thank you for your feedback on The Nook, we are striving for excellence in this department, and revamping service and menu options daily to achieve this. Please, please think of us on your next trip to Telluride! We would love to have you back with us. Even though it’s hard to think about summer in 28 inches of powder, we know it is right around the corner! aacosta@destinationhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#2 of 7 in Mountain Village
Hotel Columbia
Hotel Columbia
#2 of 11 in Telluride

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!